Web Hosting 1&1 or 123

Old September 25th 04, 02:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Savage

Default Web Hosting 1&1 or 123

For future reference...

Any comparison web sites?

Bye for now.

Clive.
Old September 25th 04, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Clive Savage wrote:

For future reference...

[1and1 or 123-reg for hosting]
neither - you might be better off asking in uk.net.providers with a
list of facilities you need, and seeing what *customers* of hosting
services suggest in response. You may find better value that way.

Also watch out - not sure about 123-reg/webfusion - 1and1 charges
annually and the displayed rates exclude VAT (and possibly setup)

Any comparison web sites?

There used to be a very good one, but I'd like to see one again that
is independent and up-to-date for UK hosting... won't bother to put
a plug in for hosting I offer... someone may for theirs :-) Peter.
Old September 25th 04, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Sep 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Clive Savage wrote:

Web Hosting 1&1 or 123

free hosting might also be worth considering, depending on what
you need (and whether this is just for a small number of domains)
see http://www.affordablehost.com/ they sell hosting packages,
too, (I'm actually using a 3-domain hosting deal, but it was only
US $ 0.01 as a special offer not being run right now, and $84 if
renewed), but they do allow FREE hosting of 2 domains per person,
and have friendly staff (live chat facility for support running
up to 18 hours a day). Peter Morgan.
Old September 26th 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Precious

Clive Savage wrote:

[web hosting from 1and1 or 123-reg]

For future reference...

Any comparison web sites?

I certainly wouldn't recommend 1+1 - I had a dedicated server from them, and
getting their support team to actually go and do a power cycle was next to
impossible.

Didn't help that the server hardware was cheap and crap and would
occasionally not be able to see its hard drives until it had a cold boot -
but getting the 1and1 support people to do anything was next to impossible.

Can't really comment on 123-reg to be honest, I'm sure you'll be able to
find out more about them though.

Cheers

Dave P

--