Chances of success

Old September 25th 04, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

Default Chances of success

I have applied for a BB connection having previously been just outside
the limits. I currently have ISDN which always works well and downloads
are usually around 7.5 to 7.7 KBps for the duration of the d/l. So I
wonder if this gives any indication of whether BB will be successful here.

--
Regards

David G
(remove r u n)
Old September 25th 04, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

"David G" [email protected] wrote in message

I have applied for a BB connection having previously been just outside
the limits. I currently have ISDN which always works well and
downloads are usually around 7.5 to 7.7 KBps for the duration of
the d/l. So I wonder if this gives any indication of whether BB will
be successful here.

AFAIK, ISDN is 64k or nothing - it can't vary like normal dialup [1].

I don't think it'll have any bearing on your application for ADSL.

[1] unless the data is being sent at less than 64k.

Old September 25th 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"David G" [email protected] wrote in message

I have applied for a BB connection having previously been just outside
the limits. I currently have ISDN which always works well and
downloads are usually around 7.5 to 7.7 KBps for the duration of the
d/l. So I wonder if this gives any indication of whether BB will be
successful here.

It has no direct bearing but these days even lines which can't get ISDN, can
get 512K ADSL...

Regards
Sunil

Old September 25th 04, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

"Grant" wrote in message
"David G" [email protected] wrote in message

I have applied for a BB connection having previously been just outside
the limits. I currently have ISDN which always works well and
downloads are usually around 7.5 to 7.7 KBps for the duration of
the d/l. So I wonder if this gives any indication of whether BB will
be successful here.

AFAIK, ISDN is 64k or nothing - it can't vary like normal dialup [1].

I don't think it'll have any bearing on your application for ADSL.

You can get a better idea from the messages on the BT checker available from
www.adslguide.org.uk

Nowadays BT will always try to connect you.

Michael Chare

Old September 25th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

Sunil Sood wrote:

"David G" [email protected] wrote in message

I have applied for a BB connection having previously been just outside
the limits. I currently have ISDN which always works well and
downloads are usually around 7.5 to 7.7 KBps for the duration of the
d/l. So I wonder if this gives any indication of whether BB will be
successful here.

It has no direct bearing but these days even lines which can't get ISDN, can
get 512K ADSL...

Regards
Sunil

Thanks All