Wanadoo install problems

Old September 25th 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Wanadoo install problems

Hi

I am attempting to install wanadoo on a friends pc. We run the installation
cd and it asks us to connect the modem. We do this and windows auto detects
it and installs a usb driver.

We then reboot and the PC throughs errors at us advising that vnetsup.vxd
vredir.vxd and dfs.vxd are missing.

We uninstall and everything is back to normal , reinstall and the errors are
back.

Wanadoo are as much use as a chocolate fire guard and just keep sending new
cd`s ?????

ANy help will be greatfully accepted.

Old September 25th 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

"John"
[email protected] dspamblueyonder.co.uk
wrote in message . uk...
Hi

I am attempting to install wanadoo on a friends pc. We run the

installation
cd and it asks us to connect the modem. We do this and windows auto

detects
it and installs a usb driver.

We then reboot and the PC throughs errors at us advising that vnetsup.vxd
vredir.vxd and dfs.vxd are missing.

We uninstall and everything is back to normal , reinstall and the errors

are
back.

Wanadoo are as much use as a chocolate fire guard and just keep sending

new
cd`s ?????

ANy help will be greatfully accepted.

What version of Windows are you running ?

--
eMail me at

Remove " spamguard "

Old September 25th 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

snip

Sorry

WIndows 98 SE

Did you have Dialup Networking installed in windows to begin with?

--
eMail me at

Remove " spamguard "

Old September 25th 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Lo Salt" wrote in message
snip

Sorry

WIndows 98 SE

Did you have Dialup Networking installed in windows to begin with?

--
eMail me at

Remove " spamguard "

Hi

Yes we did have dial up on the same pc and it is still working fine.

John

Old September 25th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt

Hi

Yes we did have dial up on the same pc and it is still working fine.

John

Which modem are you using?

Old September 25th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Lo Salt" wrote in message
Hi

Yes we did have dial up on the same pc and it is still working fine.

John

Which modem are you using?

The adsl modem is a Speedtouch 330

The dial up is a winmodemLT

Old September 25th 04, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , John
[email protected] dspamblueyonder.co.uk
writes
Hi

I am attempting to install wanadoo on a friends pc. We run the installation
cd and it asks us to connect the modem. We do this and windows auto detects
it and installs a usb driver.

We then reboot and the PC throughs errors at us advising that vnetsup.vxd
vredir.vxd and dfs.vxd are missing.

We uninstall and everything is back to normal , reinstall and the errors are
back.

Wanadoo are as much use as a chocolate fire guard and just keep sending new
cd`s ?????

ANy help will be greatfully accepted.

I have had problems like that in the past with Win98, I have just copied
the files from another machine.

If you don't have another machine give me an email address and I will
send you them, they are only 103KB.

--
Paul
Old September 25th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Paul" ] wrote in message
In article , John
[...]

Thanks paul

I will pull them from anopther machine.

I may also try removing and reinstalling Client For Microsoft Service in
network services.

Old September 25th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , Paul
] writes
In article , John
[email protected] ndspamblueyonder.co.uk
writes
Hi

I am attempting to install wanadoo on a friends pc. We run the installation
cd and it asks us to connect the modem. We do this and windows auto detects
it and installs a usb driver.

We then reboot and the PC throughs errors at us advising that vnetsup.vxd
vredir.vxd and dfs.vxd are missing.

We uninstall and everything is back to normal , reinstall and the errors are
back.

Wanadoo are as much use as a chocolate fire guard and just keep sending new

ANy help will be greatfully accepted.

I have had problems like that in the past with Win98, I have just copied
the files from another machine.

If you don't have another machine give me an email address and I will
send you them, they are only 103KB.

I have just thought I can un-mung your address but say if you need them,
I won't send them unsolicited.

--
Paul