Tesco Broadband Delays

Old September 26th 04, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Tesco Broadband Delays

I signed up for Tesco Broadband over 3 weeks ago. I had the acknowledgement,
but still no start date. They say they are waiting for the date from BT.
Can't imagine why because all my neighbours are on Broadband. Is there any
way to move things along?
Peter

Old September 26th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:19:08 +0100, "Peter"
wrote:

I signed up for Tesco Broadband over 3 weeks ago. I had the acknowledgement,
but still no start date. They say they are waiting for the date from BT.
Can't imagine why because all my neighbours are on Broadband. Is there any
way to move things along?

If Tesco say they are waiting for BT then they must be. If you don't
trust Tesco to give you the right answer choose another ISP.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old September 27th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB.

Peter wrote:
I signed up for Tesco Broadband over 3 weeks ago. I had the
acknowledgement, but still no start date. They say they are waiting
for the date from BT. Can't imagine why because all my neighbours are
on Broadband. Is there any way to move things along?
Peter

My story is the same. I signed up on September 6th. After daily emails
to last week I received the following:

quote
Thanks for your e-mail to the Tesco.net Technical Support Team.
Your query has been given a unique tracking number for your reference.
3359346
We will respond to your query as soon as possible.

In the meantime you may wish to look at our Frequently asked questions
under the Help facility on our Homepage:
http://www.tesco.net/help.html
/quote

On the page they referred me to I find:
*Broadband*
Q. How long does it take to get connected?

A. From the time you place your order to getting connected can be
between 10 and 15 working days.

So now we know!

--
DB.

Old September 27th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LiviLion

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:09:34 +0100, "DB."
wrote:

Peter wrote:
[...]

I signed up on the 11th. Got nothing until Saturday when I got:

Dear Customer,

Good news!

The initial BT checks on your phone line indicate that you should be
able
to receive Tesco broadband.

BT is now carrying out final checks on your line.

As soon as BT has confirmed that your line can be activated, we will
email
you your activation date.

Kind regards

Andrew Povall
Customer Services
The Tesco broadband team

The matches the entry I now have in BT Order Tracking as well.

When I chased them up twice prior to this I was told that BT needed to
install extra capacity at the exchange.

Maybe they needed to install the extra capacity before it appeared on
the order tracking page.

Not long anyhow to wait now :-)

LL
Old September 27th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LiviLion

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:43:02 +0100, LiviLion wrote:

[...]

Just received today :-)

Dear Customer.

Great news! BT's final checks have concluded that your line can be
activated for Tesco broadband.

Your target activation date is: 01/10/2004.
(Your activation can take place at any time on that day, between the
hours
of 7.30am and 8.30pm)

If you have ordered a free Tesco broadband modem this will now be
posted
to you and we will be back in touch on your activation day to confirm
that
your broadband connection has been enabled.

Below are some important details that you will need to activate your
Tesco
broadband service. Please make sure you keep this email and print it
off
for future reference.

Target Activation date: 01/10/2004
Activation fee: FREE
Monthly payment: £19.97
Billing date: 11 day of the month

Old September 27th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:19:08 +0100, "Peter"
wrote:

Is there any
way to move things along?

Choose a proper ISP?
--
Cheers,

Guy

** HTML email should be treated in the same manner as sexual acts between
** consenting adults. Only done in private places where willing parties, who
** have agreed beforehand, will see it!
Old September 30th 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Evilbrownies

I signed up on the 2nd Sept and was told it would take 10 days, I'm still
waiting on the 30th

I rang tesco's support desk and was told that its all BT's fault and that
they couldn't give me a date when my line would be activated

Does anyone out there know any numbers I can ring to start bollocking people?
Old September 30th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LiviLion

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:17:55 +0100, Andy wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:20:31 +0100, LiviLion wrote:

Dear Customer.

Great news! BT's final checks have concluded that your line can be
activated for Tesco broadband.

Your target activation date is: 01/10/2004.
(Your activation can take place at any time on that day, between the
hours
of 7.30am and 8.30pm)

Target Activation date: 01/10/2004
Activation fee: FREE
Monthly payment: £19.97
Billing date: 11 day of the month

Just out of interest, once you are connected, say after about 1 week,
could you post here and give your opinion of tesco broadband?

Also, what do you get for 19.97 per month ie: upload speed download
speed banwidth limits webspace emails etc?

Thanks

Got my modem today (day before activation) as I was told I would.

Not had a chance to plug it in yet but will see later if the line is
activated yet (not unusual apparently for early activation).

For 19.97 I get 512/256 with unlimited downloads.

Not sure on webspace. 50Mb rings a bell.

15 email address' IIRC as well.

I'll report back later with a 1 week in report.

LL
Old September 30th 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred

"LiviLion" wrote in message
[...]

I'll be interested to see if yours works. My father's doesn't. See
seperate thread "Tesco problems". The Technical Support line is next to
useless. I hope your experience is better than ours!!
Don't forget the 'adsl' bit in the connection name. It's not just your
email address, but ours still doesn't work anyway.

Old September 30th 04, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB.

Evilbrownies wrote:
I signed up on the 2nd Sept and was told it would take 10 days, I'm
still waiting on the 30th

I rang tesco's support desk and was told that its all BT's fault
and that they couldn't give me a date when my line would be activated

Does anyone out there know any numbers I can ring to start bollocking
people?

I thought my case was bad but yours, clearly, is worse. I applied
on Sept. 6th, heard nothing until yesterday when I got the "Good news -
BT checks indicate things should be ok and are carrying out final
checks"
email. Then, this morning I got the "Great news - BT says all is ok,
and you'll be activated on 6/10/2004" email.
It's no good phoning any of their numbers - they'll just keep you
hanging-on for hour after hour. Just send the same email to
and to , and keep copying it
to them day after day. That's what I did - though I've no way of
knowing whether those emails were instrumental in eventually moving them
to action.

--
DB.