USB to RJ45 connection

Old November 8th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick P Keeler

Default USB to RJ45 connection

Just got a Netgear DG834 ADSL from work to use for home working, I also have a
personal PC but no LAN / Ethernet Port, question is can I connect my PC to the
ADSL modem using my USB port and some sort of USB to RJ45 converter.
Any recommendations out there?
Nick the novice!
Old November 8th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Nick P Keeler wrote:

Just got a Netgear DG834 ADSL from work to use for home working, I
also have a personal PC but no LAN / Ethernet Port, question is can I
connect my PC to the ADSL modem using my USB port and some sort of
USB to RJ45 converter.
Any recommendations out there?
Nick the novice!

Possibly - but why not install an Ethernet card in the PC - they only cost
about a tenner for a PCI card - probably less than a USB to Ethernet
adapter, if it exists. You didn't say whether your PC is a desktop or
laptop. If the latter, you can get a PCMCIA Ethernet card to slot in.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old November 8th 04, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Belkin sell a USB 10/100 nic
Colin
But it costs more than a PCI NIC Card