What ADSL routers do people own?

Old November 10th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default What ADSL routers do people own?

I'am just interesting in finding out what adsl modem routers people on
here own be it wired or wireless, and and what problems if any do
people have with theirs?

Thanks
Old November 10th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

wrote in message
I'am just interesting in finding out what adsl modem routers people on
here own be it wired or wireless, and and what problems if any do
people have with theirs?

Thanks

I've had a Speedtouch 530 wired router since July and no problems so far.

Stephen

Old November 10th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
I'am just interesting in finding out what adsl modem routers people on
here own be it wired or wireless, and and what problems if any do
people have with theirs?

Thanks

Had a Draytek Vigor 2200USB router with the Alcatel "frog" Speedtouch
modem until recently, no problems with it except it isn't compatible with
Sipgate's VoIP system, so I now use a Netgear DM602 combined modem/router
and that works fine. Had a few config problems getting it to work with the
Grandstream ATA-486 adaptor I use for Sipgate but it's now working fine.

Ivor

PS anyone want the Draytek..? It's been on eBay for a week with no takers
:-(

Old November 10th 04, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

wrote:

I'am just interesting in finding out what adsl modem routers people on
here own be it wired or wireless, and and what problems if any do
people have with theirs?

I use a cheapy Addon 4 port router here, and have no problems networking
to ADSL with a G5 Mac, an iMac and a Win 98 box, they also share a HP
LaserJet printer too. All works without a problem.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old November 10th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

wrote in message
I'am just interesting in finding out what adsl modem routers people on
here own be it wired or wireless, and and what problems if any do
people have with theirs?

Thanks

I have a Belkin 4 port switch/adsl modem/54g wireless setup which works
great.

Here is the link (watch for wrapping)

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...%2Etworking%2F

Best wishes

Gareth Edmondson

Old November 10th 04, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Seddon

wrote in message
I'am just interesting in finding out what adsl modem routers people on
here own be it wired or wireless, and and what problems if any do
people have with theirs?

Thanks

Netgear DG834G modem router firewall switch, wired and wireless. Only just
got it, apiece of cake to set up no probs yet. Had a sitecom adsl
homestation that went tits up just after the one year warranty ran out.

Peter.

Old November 10th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Cheapest Ebuyer 4-port special - works a treat, never had any problems

Old November 10th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:37, Colin Wilson wrote:

Cheapest Ebuyer 4-port special - works a treat, never had any problems

I've used (no longer available) cheapest 1 and 4-port Ebuyer units, and at
present have a couple of Dabsvalue routers in use here (one is on test for
a client). The newer Dabsvalue ones (whether 1 or 4-port) have the same
software and offer 10/100 connection (where there used to be a 10 Mbps
only model, I think... unless that was the Ebuyer 1-port :-)

Recently a number of clients have bought the Ebuyer Origo unit, but I see
that they have now changed to one which will stand on its side too... I
may be getting a few of these in the next few days (to setup for a firm
with offices in London, Dover and Newport, so will perhaps have one here
to keep as their spare, ready to be configured and posted on if they get
a problem... one spare, not three, and perhaps 24 hours without, rather
than have them at the local PC World and then lost on how to set it up
to work with their ISP and LAN settings... Have also set up a Belkin
wireless... was very easy overall, including the two cheap USB wireless
units... Peter M.

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/