Pipex 2mb trial - Anobody else signed up?

Old November 11th 04, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Pipex 2mb trial - Anobody else signed up?

Hi,

Anybody else signed up to the 2mb trial on Pipex. I have over a week ago and
haven't receieved any email confirming it, or what's going on. I know the
trial isn't expected to commence til 29th November but still.....

Can't wait for the speed boost! I read that pipex are actually losing money
charging 40 for the trial?

Dan

Old November 11th 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Can't wait for the speed boost!

So what are you going to do with it then sit there downloading
thousands of Mb's 24/7 what a waste of time and money .

The green eyed monster!

Old November 11th 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
meltey-chamon!

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,

Anybody else signed up to the 2mb trial on Pipex. I have over a week ago

and
haven't receieved any email confirming it, or what's going on. I know the
trial isn't expected to commence til 29th November but still.....

Can't wait for the speed boost! I read that pipex are actually losing

money
charging 40 for the trial?

Dan

Yep - gone for it too. It will be interesting to see if there is much of a
difference... So I literally will be trialing it.

If I don't experience a full speed boost regularly, then I would have
trouble justifying 40 - but as it's a trial, and it's around my birthday,
then it xmas(!) I will give it a go.

Old November 11th 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
meltey-chamon!

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:03:58 -0000, "Dan" wrote:
Can't wait for the speed boost!

So what are you going to do with it then sit there downloading
thousands of Mb's 24/7 what a waste of time and money .

Au contrare,

I will be downloading 2 thousands of Mb's 12 hours a day, 3.5 days a week

Old November 11th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:03:58 -0000, "Dan" wrote:

Hi,

Anybody else signed up to the 2mb trial on Pipex. I have over a week ago and
haven't receieved any email confirming it, or what's going on. I know the
trial isn't expected to commence til 29th November but still.....

Can't wait for the speed boost! I read that pipex are actually losing money
charging 40 for the trial?

Dan

Yes, I've signed and got an email confirmation next day. Your email
address is unusual. You sure they can email you?

If you've been an account holder more than 12 months then there is no
sign up fee.

I reckon the price will come down to below 30 per month before
long....
Filthy Rich
Music House
Old November 12th 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
in2minds

Yes, I've signed and got an email confirmation next day. Your email
address is unusual. You sure they can email you?

If you've been an account holder more than 12 months then there is no
sign up fee.

just how do you get on the 2mb trial ?

LJ

Old November 12th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
in2minds

just how do you get on the 2mb trial ?

ne'r mind... found it

LJ

Old November 13th 04, 01:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jake P

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:03:58 -0000, "Dan" wrote:

Hi,

Anybody else signed up to the 2mb trial on Pipex. I have over a week ago and
haven't receieved any email confirming it, or what's going on. I know the
trial isn't expected to commence til 29th November but still.....

Can't wait for the speed boost! I read that pipex are actually losing money
charging 40 for the trial?

Dan

Apparently getting on the 2Mbps home trial FOC from work.

Nice!

The mechanism for ordering from BTWS is manual.

Not so nice.

Now have to find something worth surfing for - that's a different
matter altogether.