Blueyonder Speed Increase

Old November 11th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wl

Default Blueyonder Speed Increase

Hi Guys,

I've literally just got off the phone to Blueyonder - been ordering Telewest
services for the new house i'm moving to shortly.

Anyway, I was ordering the 1.5Mb service, and I was told that as from today,
that has been upgraded to 2Mb for no extra charge - the 750Kb service has
been upgraded to 1Mb, and the 3Mb service has been upgraded to 4Mb - the
256Kb service remains the same.

I asked about upstream speeds, and they told me that all upstream speeds for
the 750Kb service and above have been increased by 50%.

Anyone noticed any difference?

Wayne

Old November 11th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
phantom

I asked about upstream speeds, and they told me that all upstream speeds
for
the 750Kb service and above have been increased by 50%.

They lied... AFAIK its only the 4MB service that has 50% extra upload

Anyone noticed any difference?

The upgrades don't happen until December/January

Old November 11th 04, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
phantom

should have added:
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/evenfaster

Old November 11th 04, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wl

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/evenfaster

aaah - never saw that page

bloody customer services - giving out duff information - what are the
chances of that happening!

Old November 11th 04, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MagicUK

its all very well them providing these speeds but there never increasing
where its aval! im on pipex 1mb 28.95 and im am thinking of updating to 2mb
pretty soon but id love to have 4mb avaliable and 384 upload!
wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:58:12 -0000, "wl" nospam wrote:

Hi Guys,

I've literally just got off the phone to Blueyonder - been ordering
Telewest
services for the new house i'm moving to shortly.

Anyway, I was ordering the 1.5Mb service, and I was told that as from
today,
that has been upgraded to 2Mb for no extra charge - the 750Kb service has
been upgraded to 1Mb, and the 3Mb service has been upgraded to 4Mb - the
256Kb service remains the same.

I asked about upstream speeds, and they told me that all upstream speeds
for
the 750Kb service and above have been increased by 50%.

Anyone noticed any difference?

Wayne

I am only getting 260 upstream just checked on ADSL guide .

Old November 11th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

wl wrote:
I asked bout upstream speeds, and they told me that all upstream speeds for
the 750Kb service and above have been increased by 50%.

The current 3Mbit (to be 4Mbit) is the only service to benefit from an
increase in upstream speed, from 256 to 384.

--
Andy M Jenkins
http://www.uk-bug.net : The UK Broadband Usergroup
Old November 11th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

wrote in message
..

I think TW are only increasing speed because they feel they have got
to do so or loose a substantial amount of customers as 512/750 is now
quikly becoming a thing of the passed.In a couple of years 512/750
will be regarding like 56k dial up is regarded now .

You don't half talk rubbish.

Maybe when BT can offer 2Mb / 3Mb / 4Mb *DSL to as many customers as TW,
then your "thoughts" might hold water.