Broadband activation but phones still ok without filters

Old November 11th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Default Broadband activation but phones still ok without filters

Ive been activated this week but havent had my router/filter yet.

However I'm puzzled that all phones seems usable despite no filters
being installed; is this normal??
Old November 11th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Conor

Gel wrote:
Ive been activated this week but havent had my router/filter yet.

However I'm puzzled that all phones seems usable despite no filters
being installed; is this normal??

Perfectly. You'll only get the hiss without using microfilters when
you've an active ADSL modem connected to the line.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
Old November 11th 04, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:57:44 +0000, Conor
wrote:

Gel wrote:
Ive been activated this week but havent had my router/filter yet.

However I'm puzzled that all phones seems usable despite no filters
being installed; is this normal??

Perfectly. You'll only get the hiss without using microfilters when
you've an active ADSL modem connected to the line.

You won't *get* an active ADSL connection without the microfilters.
Old November 12th 04, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

wrote:

Gel wrote:
Ive been activated this week but havent had my router/filter yet.

However I'm puzzled that all phones seems usable despite no filters
being installed; is this normal??

Perfectly. You'll only get the hiss without using microfilters when
you've an active ADSL modem connected to the line.

I plugged my router in, and connected the filters before I got activated
when we moved in August, and you can clearly hear the modem beeping on
the phone line. As soon as the line was activated it dissappeared.

You won't *get* an active ADSL connection without the microfilters.

Yes you will, but you'll get a dramatically reduced speed.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old November 12th 04, 01:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Alex Heney" wrote
snip.....
You won't *get* an active ADSL connection without the microfilters.

Yet again you speak complete tripe.

Old November 12th 04, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:39:59 +0000, Alex Heney
wrote:

You won't *get* an active ADSL connection without the microfilters.

you will, but the phones will hiss like fury and the ADSL may drop
every time there's a phone call. With no ADLS modem on the line it
won't matter either way.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 12th 04, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Conor

Alex Heney wrote:

You won't *get* an active ADSL connection without the microfilters.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. All a Microfilter does is filter out the
hiss of the ADSL signal for the PHONE only.

Old November 12th 04, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Conor

Andy Hewitt wrote:

Yes you will, but you'll get a dramatically reduced speed.

There will be no reduced speed at all.