Errors....

Old November 11th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default Errors....

I use PlusNet's 512k service and am using an Alcatel Speedtouch internal PCI
ADSL card......

After I have left the PC on all day and when I come back in from work the
software that come with it reports on average about 3 CRC errors and
occasionally a few ATM HEC count errors.....also some "bad received packets"

What does this mean? and why does it only happen after the connection has
been in use for a number of hours....

Is it normal?

Old November 11th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message

Is it normal?

Yes.

Jc.

Old November 11th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:13:48 -0000, "Dave Boomhauer"
wrote:

I use PlusNet's 512k service and am using an Alcatel Speedtouch internal PCI
ADSL card......

(about some daft errors reported by some freeby software)

Is it normal?

Yes. If it bothers you, deinstall the s/w. Its almost certainly not
doing anything useful.

Old November 12th 04, 03:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Dave Boomhauer wrote:
I use PlusNet's 512k service and am using an Alcatel Speedtouch internal PCI
ADSL card......

After I have left the PC on all day and when I come back in from work the
software that come with it reports on average about 3 CRC errors and
occasionally a few ATM HEC count errors.....also some "bad received packets"

What does this mean? and why does it only happen after the connection has
been in use for a number of hours....

Because a proportion of recieved packets will be in error.
This is due to various factors - noise, ...
It would be very hard to actually measure an effect from these errors,
and they will be unnoticable.