Which Version of Demon

Old November 12th 04, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mal

Default Which Version of Demon

I have tried 3 e-mails to Demon but no reply from Sales as yet so....

I have decided to go for one of the fixed broadband IP options Express
Solo or Express Total.
http://www.demon.net/adsl/consumer.html
The only difference I can find is that the Total package includes a
free modem. As I have already a wireless ADSL router and all the other
bits, I am trying to find out if there is a benefit for going to Solo
or should I get the Total to have the USB as a fallback ?
I don't need a reply on whether you have had good experiences from
either one or the other of the packages, I am just trying to find out
why the price is the same but I get a free modem with one of them !!
Thanks
Old November 12th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"mal" wrote in message
om...
I have tried 3 e-mails to Demon but no reply from Sales as yet so....

I have decided to go for one of the fixed broadband IP options Express
Solo or Express Total.
http://www.demon.net/adsl/consumer.html
The only difference I can find is that the Total package includes a
free modem. As I have already a wireless ADSL router and all the other
bits, I am trying to find out if there is a benefit for going to Solo
or should I get the Total to have the USB as a fallback ?
I don't need a reply on whether you have had good experiences from
either one or the other of the packages, I am just trying to find out
why the price is the same but I get a free modem with one of them !!
Thanks

I'm with demon at work, but if you have sent 3 emails to sales doesnt that
say somthing about a company?

Go with someone who replies to your emails at least, demon arnt bad mind,
I'm just stating the obvious, make sure you request a read reciept as well

Old November 12th 04, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:04:21 -0000, "Ronny" wrote:

"mal" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

I am with Demon at home and the service is excellent, but I would have
to echo the sentiment above - I personally would not go with a company
which did not have the courtesy, or organisation, to answer a basic
email question.

As for the free modem - if there costs are the same, the package is
the same, the T&C is the same but one comes with a free modem and the
other one doesn't then I think the question answers itself!
Old November 12th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"mal" wrote in message
om...
I have tried 3 e-mails to Demon but no reply from Sales as yet so....

I have decided to go for one of the fixed broadband IP options Express
Solo or Express Total.
http://www.demon.net/adsl/consumer.html
The only difference I can find is that the Total package includes a
free modem. As I have already a wireless ADSL router and all the other
bits, I am trying to find out if there is a benefit for going to Solo
or should I get the Total to have the USB as a fallback ?
I don't need a reply on whether you have had good experiences from
either one or the other of the packages, I am just trying to find out
why the price is the same but I get a free modem with one of them !!
Thanks

May i suggest you contact technical support via the live chat option on
their web site with any questions you have, thats what i done, it took them
about 10 minutes to reply and i ended up chatting about there services back
and forth for about 20 mins )

Old November 13th 04, 07:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:00:54 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

May i suggest you contact technical support via the live chat option on
their web site with any questions you have, thats what i done, it took them
about 10 minutes to reply and i ended up chatting about there services back
and forth for about 20 mins )

I did the same for a pre-Sales enquiry last week and must agree that
it's an excellent system.

Demon bod was v. knowledgeable and helpful and you can save/print all
the conversation locally. Apparently they also log it at their end and
will link it to your Account details (if you are an existing
customer).

My query was quite complex and I'd give them 10/10!
--
FREE phonecalls with other TalkTalk customers: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/talktalk/
Locate your Mobile phone: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html
Old November 13th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"David Quinton" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

May i suggest you contact technical support via the live chat option on
their web site with any questions you have, thats what i done, it took

them
about 10 minutes to reply and i ended up chatting about there services

back
and forth for about 20 mins )

I did the same for a pre-Sales enquiry last week and must agree that
it's an excellent system.

Demon bod was v. knowledgeable and helpful and you can save/print all
the conversation locally. Apparently they also log it at their end and
will link it to your Account details (if you are an existing
customer).

My query was quite complex and I'd give them 10/10!

Yep, I had loads of questions, a couple they were not sure on and i wait to
wait a few minutes while they found/checked the answer, but the technical
people were v.knowledgable about the service, if their 20 quid service
included access to their news server i would have pre-ordered there and
then, I must say that for a change it was v.nice to talk (or type ;D) to a
person that knew what they were talking about and took the time to answer
everything i could ask them, it was fast, easy and stress free
communicating with them.