Anyone ever receive a modified BT ADSL faceplate from clarity.it?

Old November 12th 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
db

Default Anyone ever receive a modified BT ADSL faceplate from clarity.it?

I have ordered a ADSL/NTE5/MOD from this page
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm at www.clarity.it.

Clarity seem to be the only people doing a modified faceplate and from
reading through various forums and groups I haven't found anyone who
actually received one.

Can anyone give me hope that my money hasn't disappeared and tell me
clarity actually sent them one.

Many tia for any replies.
db
Old November 12th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

www.solwise.co.uk do them.

Peter Crosland

Old November 12th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Peter Crosland wrote:
www.solwise.co.uk do them.

Peter Crosland

As do:-

http://www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk/pr...412a0d57658a47

I've seen them elsewhere on the Interweb, but can't recall where ATM
Old November 12th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron Lowe

"db" wrote in message
om...
I have ordered a ADSL/NTE5/MOD from this page
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm at www.clarity.it.

Clarity seem to be the only people doing a modified faceplate and from
reading through various forums and groups I haven't found anyone who
actually received one.

Can anyone give me hope that my money hasn't disappeared and tell me
clarity actually sent them one.

Many tia for any replies.
db

Yes, I've had a couple.

Your experience is typical.

They're not too strong on Customer Service as you may have found out.
They will *eventually* appear.
Just keep bugging them.

--
Ron

Old November 12th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 12 Nov 2004 09:13:51 -0800, (db) wrote:

Clarity seem to be the only people doing a modified faceplate and from
reading through various forums and groups I haven't found anyone who
actually received one.

I got one. It came in the post (is this a clue)

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xtf.php is an alternative

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 12th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I got one. It came in the post (is this a clue)

http://www.adslnation.com/products/xtf.php is an alternative

Thanks for that Phil. I could not remember their name. Good service and
friendly after sales service.

Old November 12th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Birch

Yes I got one from them, and it's MUCH better than the plug-in type I had
before.
It cured problems I had with my cordless phone thinking it was always
off-hook.
I got prompt delivery from Clarity myself, but obviously I can't speak for
anyone else.

- Steve

om...

Old November 15th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
db

Thanks for all the replies folks. It seems that they do eventually
come through. I will just have to wait.

I have double checked the websites above and (for anyone else that
reads this thread) the replacement linebox faceplates from
http://www.kingdomkomputers.co.uk/pr...412a0d57658a47
and http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm are NOT modified. Thus
they only provide ADSL at that socket.

The plate at http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/ca...1876866ddae1ce
is modified and can be used to provide ADSL at any socket around the
home. I will be going there if I never get anything from clarity.

Thx again.