BT Yahoo Broadband

Old November 13th 04, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Yahoo Broadband

hello

I'm moving house soon and have the opportunity to change ISP, I'm currently
on Pipex and I'm thinking about BT yahoo (please don't flame, let me
explain) I recently joined a BT subsidiary and get a good amount of cash off
the price each month which makes it quite attractive.

I do have some questions however :-

Do you need to install a yahoo browser or other rubbish you normally don't
want?
Is there any port blocking / site blocking ? I use emule ;-) and have an
online gaming habit I have roughly got under control.
Behind the login page is there enough support info to get yourself set-up
without long phone calls to "Pradip" in India ?

any help would be appreciated...

as an additional side question has anyone ever had any problems with call
back on a RAS on an adsl enabled line? girlyfriend has RAS access to work
for email pickup but cannot get it to work (it connects and stays on for
about 20secs and then drops line) her support guys are ******* and claim
noone else has any problems (which either means they are bullsh*tting or non
of the other 40 people (incl very senior managers have broadband at home hmm
I know which I'd choose....) but again any insights would be appreciated I
really do not want to get an additional line installed on the house to
support an occasional RAS call-back (bit excessive i think)

thanks

Rich

Old November 13th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

I migrated the other way a few months back because of dismal BT network
performance in the mid and late afternoon. May have been a local thing but
Pipex has never shown the same problem.
Rgds
Alec

---