VPN not working over wireless

Old November 15th 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Lane

Default VPN not working over wireless

3com Officeconnect 11G router, ADSL.

2nd router (Netgear was rubbish), but my VPN connection for work does not
last longer than 1min when wireless.

Fine when working hard-wired on the LAN.

Any ideas?

Alex

Old November 30th 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jordan

3com Officeconnect 11G router, ADSL.

2nd router (Netgear was rubbish), but my VPN connection for work does not
last longer than 1min when wireless.

Fine when working hard-wired on the LAN.

Any ideas?

Alex

Both routers are 3COM?

This may not be relevant to your situation - but I do know from bitter
experience that the 3com 11G wireless router will NOT allow you to
connect to your company network over a VPN if the router at the other
end is a NetGear FVS318.

(I am using Netgear prosafe software VPN client on my laptop at home,
which is just a rebadged 'Safenet Softremote' VPN client).

3Com claim that their router supports VPN pass through - but this is
apparently not true for IPSEC based VPNs, which is probably what most
people would use...