Ntl Cable Modem fried, can I buy one myself?

Old November 15th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zzapper

Default Ntl Cable Modem fried, can I buy one myself?

Hi,

My Cable Modem Terayon TJ210 fried after a power-cut, can I buy one (or equivalent) myself, and am I
able to configure it with the correct MAC address?

(I fear waiting for NTL to do the repair)
--
zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"
Old November 15th 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zzapper

Hi,
BTW Googling for "Cable Modem" is really hopeless, just finds lots of "cables for modems"
Old November 15th 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jo

zzapper wrote in
:

Hi,
BTW Googling for "Cable Modem" is really hopeless, just finds
lots of "cables for modems"

Why not call NTL and report a fault?

Old November 15th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Jo" wrote in message
zzapper wrote in
:

Hi,
BTW Googling for "Cable Modem" is really hopeless, just finds
lots of "cables for modems"

Why not call NTL and report a fault?

NTL own the modem. It is their equipment. Even if you purchase a cable
modem, it wouldn't work on the cable system as it is not authorised.

Let NTL replace the modem.

Old November 15th 04, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On 15 Nov 2004 10:21:56 GMT, Jo wrote:

BTW Googling for "Cable Modem" is really hopeless, just finds
lots of "cables for modems"

Why not call NTL and report a fault?

From that statement I can see you've never had to attempt to contact them
via telephone.

--
There's fighting on the left and marching on the right
Don't look up in the sky, you're gonna die of fright
Old November 15th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jo

Greg Hennessy wrote in
:

On 15 Nov 2004 10:21:56 GMT, Jo wrote:

BTW Googling for "Cable Modem" is really hopeless, just finds
lots of "cables for modems"

Why not call NTL and report a fault?

From that statement I can see you've never had to attempt to
contact them via telephone.

I've successfully contacted them by telephone several times actually.
YMMV and presumably does, reading between the lines of your remark.
Old November 15th 04, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zzapper

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:21:43 +0000, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:56:07 +0000, zzapper
wrote:

Hi,

My Cable Modem Terayon TJ210 fried after a power-cut, can I buy one (or equivalent) myself, and am I
able to configure it with the correct MAC address?

(I fear waiting for NTL to do the repair)

YGM

Hi Y'all,
I am "promised" an engineer for tomorrow, but am worried that they may not turn up, they are very
busy with upgrades. I know some NTL users own their own modems coz they get a slighlty cheaper rate.

Old November 16th 04, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

wrote:

Hi,

My Cable Modem Terayon TJ210 fried after a power-cut, can I buy one
(or equivalent) myself, and am I able to configure it with the
correct MAC address?

(I fear waiting for NTL to do the repair)

YGM

Hi Y'all,
I am "promised" an engineer for tomorrow, but am worried that they
may not turn up, they are very busy with upgrades. I know some NTL
users own their own modems coz they get a slighlty cheaper rate.

Not any more they don't & NTL stopped offering it to new customers years ago
anyway...

One of the many reasons I left NTL was that they attempted to bump my
charges, they then backed down for the next 12 months, after that who knows
what they would have tried, so it was off to pastures new & I haven't looked
back...

Old November 16th 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article ,
zzapper wrote:
My Cable Modem Terayon TJ210 fried after a power-cut, can I buy one (or
equivalent) myself, and am I
able to configure it with the correct MAC address?

I have a spare CMX, as when it died it was still in warranty & 3Com
replaced it. In the meantime ntl: replaced it with an ntl 200, so I have
two.

Zane.