Draytek 2900 router exposes its config to the outside

Old November 15th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Default Draytek 2900 router exposes its config to the outside

On 15 Nov 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Peter wrote:

The Draytek 2900Gi exposes its login to the outside network,

The cheap ones I've used allow for the port to be defined, rather than
using common ones such as 80, 81, 8080, etc. Also some allow a fixed
IP to be defined as an 'allowed' connection. OK, it might be 'spoofed'
but an attacker would presumably not get any return traffic :-) PGM

Old November 15th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

"Peter M" wrote in message
On 15 Nov 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Peter wrote:

The Draytek 2900Gi exposes its login to the outside network,

The cheap ones I've used allow for the port to be defined, rather than
using common ones such as 80, 81, 8080, etc. Also some allow a fixed
IP to be defined as an 'allowed' connection. OK, it might be 'spoofed'
but an attacker would presumably not get any return traffic :-) PGM

Yes the 2600 lets you do both of these. Careful when specifying IP addresses
to be defined as an allowed connection (the 2600 lets you add three) - I
managed to lock myself out of the router for a day as you need to specify
local/internal IP addresses also!

Just tried my 2600 with a "https" type connection - no connection was
possible (running latest firmware).