Broadband possible when using phone filter "pigs"??

Old November 15th 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julie Meikle

Default Broadband possible when using phone filter "pigs"??

Hi,

My friend uses a "Pig" filter connected between her BT phone socket and the
telephone. Will this still work (& will broadband work) with the micro
filters for broadband.? Does anyone have experience of trying this please??

Thanks

Julie

Old November 15th 04, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Julie Meikle wrote:
Hi,

My friend uses a "Pig" filter connected between her BT phone socket
and the telephone. Will this still work (& will broadband work)
with the micro filters for broadband.? Does anyone have experience
of trying this please??

What's a "pig" filter..?! The mind boggles..!

Ivor

Old November 15th 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Ivor Jones opined:
Julie Meikle wrote:
Hi,

My friend uses a "Pig" filter connected between her BT phone socket
and the telephone. Will this still work (& will broadband work)
with the micro filters for broadband.? Does anyone have experience
of trying this please??

What's a "pig" filter..?! The mind boggles..!

Ivor

February 7, 2003 07:41

Filtration System removes pipeline contaminants.

Filtration System utilizes existing pig launchers or receivers as filter
housing for cartridge filters, eliminating need for external filter systems.
Pig filter traps impurities in filter cartridges while filtered liquid
continues to travel through pipeline. One or more filter cartridges can be
utilized with pressure-tight connectors between multiple cartridge units.
Applications include long-distance movement of petroleum products and liquid
feedstocks.
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old November 15th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Yddap wrote:

In ,
Ivor Jones opined:
Julie Meikle wrote:
[...]

I presume that when inserted into a telephone circuit, it filters out bad
language?!g
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old November 15th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julie Meikle

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Julie Meikle wrote:
Hi,

My friend uses a "Pig" filter connected between her BT phone socket
and the telephone. Will this still work (& will broadband work)
with the micro filters for broadband.? Does anyone have experience
of trying this please??

What's a "pig" filter..?! The mind boggles..!

Ivor

Yes I suppose it does!!

It is a gizmo that searches out the cheapest route for the phone call.....or
so it says! Seems to intercept the BT line and re-routes it to a cheaper
carrier.

Old November 15th 04, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Julie Meikle wrote:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

What's a "pig" filter..?! The mind boggles..!

Yes I suppose it does!!

It is a gizmo that searches out the cheapest route for the phone
call.....or so it says! Seems to intercept the BT line and
re-routes it to a cheaper carrier.

Ah, I see what you mean. Plug it in *after* the ADSL filter and before the
phone and it will work fine.

Ivor

Old November 15th 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:46:15 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

What's a "pig" filter..?! The mind boggles..!

The description leads me to believe it is a Telecom Plus dialler.

Old November 15th 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julie Meikle

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Julie Meikle wrote:
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

What's a "pig" filter..?! The mind boggles..!

Yes I suppose it does!!

It is a gizmo that searches out the cheapest route for the phone
call.....or so it says! Seems to intercept the BT line and
re-routes it to a cheaper carrier.

Ah, I see what you mean. Plug it in *after* the ADSL filter and before the
phone and it will work fine.

Ivor

Thank you......