V21-who are they

Old November 15th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Parry

Default V21-who are they

I've been with Pipex on half meg for about two yrs now. I was very happy
with it until I noticed the price of other uncapped half meg lines. I'm
looking into Bulldog (now Cable & Wireless), and V21 www.v21.co.uk.
But I've never heard of V21 so anyone use them if so how long you been with
them & who are they??
They are offering uncapped 512k at 9.99 for first two months then only
16.99 p/m after that,still uncapped.Thats quite a saving on the 23.44 I 'm
charged by Pipex for simliar service.

Tony P

Old November 15th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 15 Nov 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Tony Parry" wrote:

They are offering uncapped 512k at 9.99 for first two months then only
16.99 p/m after that,still uncapped.

In the past they offered a filtered (=censored) feed but I've never used
them personally. There was a recent post about there being a "release"
fee when you quit of 30+ quid. Suggest you check www.adslguide.org to
find a reasonable number of users for feedback about their service.

Old November 16th 04, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

Peter M wrote:
On 15 Nov 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Tony Parry" wrote:

They are offering uncapped 512k at 9.99 for first two months then only
16.99 p/m after that,still uncapped.

In the past they offered a filtered (=censored) feed but I've never used
them personally. There was a recent post about there being a "release"
fee when you quit of 30+ quid. Suggest you check www.adslguide.org to
find a reasonable number of users for feedback about their service.

I recommend you stay away from them at the moment. They are transferring
their connections to datastream on a Telefonica link. I applied for a
connection with them and have been waiting 10 weeks for it to happen.
Communication from them is very poor, although they are very pleasant
when you manage to get through to them and appear helpful but in my case
nothing ever seems to happen. It was always going to happen next week
and never did, and receiving emails telling me what was going to happen
yesterday did not help. I have now canceled my application with them to
which they agreed and have opted for PN which I should have done in the
first place. If you go datastream it is difficult to get back to an
ipstream ISP. As said above it is 30 if you change to another once you
are connected.

A lot of members are having connection problems and there is no feedback
from the mods to say what is going on. Will probably come right in the
end but for the present watch and wait.

Have a look at their ADSL forum to see what is going on there.

--
Regards

David G
(remove r u n)
Old November 19th 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Finnigan

Tony Parry wrote:
I've been with Pipex on half meg for about two yrs now. I was very
happy with it until I noticed the price of other uncapped half meg
lines. I'm looking into Bulldog (now Cable & Wireless), and V21
www.v21.co.uk.
But I've never heard of V21 so anyone use them if so how long you
been with them & who are they??
They are offering uncapped 512k at 9.99 for first two months then
only 16.99 p/m after that,still uncapped.Thats quite a saving on the
23.44 I 'm charged by Pipex for simliar service.

Avoid them like the plague - they messed me about something amazing back in
dial-up days, but I`d much rather take my cash elsewhere (NDO are who I`m
with now, and am VERY happy with them!) than support a company with customer
service as poor as V21 have!

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc