BT ADSL Upload Speed & Sky Inet?

Old November 16th 04, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
News User

Default BT ADSL Upload Speed & Sky Inet?

Hi, every ISP I look at I see the upload as 256kbps, might one day
this be i dunno 512 or more?

And also, I see NTL and Telewest do inet who also do digital TV -
might sky do it one day?
Old November 16th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Hayward

In article , News User
writes
Hi, every ISP I look at I see the upload as 256kbps, might one day
this be i dunno 512 or more?

And also, I see NTL and Telewest do inet who also do digital TV -
might sky do it one day?

By definition ADSL upload is slower....

ASDL defined as "Asymmetric Data Subscriber Line"...
asymmetric meaning "one way slower than the other"
Some countries use symmetrical DSL
Wally Hayward

Old November 16th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

News User wrote:
Hi, every ISP I look at I see the upload as 256kbps, might one day
this be i dunno 512 or more?

And also, I see NTL and Telewest do inet who also do digital TV -
might sky do it one day?

Look up bulldog.
They (I believe) still provide faster uplinks than 256K on some products,
though only on a very few exchanges.
Some ISPS (A&A?) also support bonding n ADSL lines into one faster line.
I think SDSL is also available - but I think only for buisnesses, and
it's VERY expensive.
SDSL is available in various speeds, up to 2Mb both ways.