Fax on Plusnet

Old November 16th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Daniels

Default Fax on Plusnet

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can send faxes with Plusnet broadband? I know it's
possible to receive them with their Fax2email service. I used to have Home
Highway and used BT Speedway fax software to send faxes. Anyone know if this
will work with broadband? Am using XP.

Graham Daniels

Old November 16th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Graham Daniels" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can send faxes with Plusnet broadband? I know it's
possible to receive them with their Fax2email service. I used to have Home
Highway and used BT Speedway fax software to send faxes. Anyone know if
this will work with broadband? Am using XP.

No. You would need to retain an analogue fax modem or sign up to a service.
There is at least one free one ut there (someone will post the URL) if you
can put up with the circa half page advert on the outbound fax.

Jc.

Old November 16th 04, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuart

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:00:36 -0000, "Josey"
wrote:

"Graham Daniels" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can send faxes with Plusnet broadband? I know it's
possible to receive them with their Fax2email service. I used to have Home
Highway and used BT Speedway fax software to send faxes. Anyone know if
this will work with broadband? Am using XP.

No. You would need to retain an analogue fax modem or sign up to a service.
There is at least one free one ut there (someone will post the URL) if you
can put up with the circa half page advert on the outbound fax.

Jc.

If you just want to send text:

www.tpc.int

but the email service doesn't like my emails via PlusNet - either
using Outlook/smtp or Snail^d^d^d^d^dWebmail. Claims it doesn't have
a message id. Can anyone else send them via PlusNet? It works when I
do it from work or via mail2web (

Their webform works however (just then no record ( ). No sending
to UK 'premium' lines (including 0870, so no using to keep fax2email
alive every 3 months). Presumably Demon (who provide the UK end of
the service) don't like contributing to someone's coffers ).

Get a Demon ad on the cover page.

There is a recent thread on the Plus Customer Forum giving a couple of
pay-for online fax services which would be more flexible - of the
order of 5/10 setup and 5p per page.

HTH

Stuart
--
The "reply to" address in this email is never checked. Please reply
to the newsgroup.
Old November 17th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"N/A" wrote in message

On 16-Nov-2004, "Graham Daniels" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can send faxes with Plusnet broadband? I know
it's

possible to receive them with their Fax2email service. I used to have

Highway and used BT Speedway fax software to send faxes. Anyone know if
this
will work with broadband? Am using XP.

I run ADSL and Fax on the same PC by having an ASDL router and a 56K PCI
modem linked to the same phone line which is dedicated to my PC. Just plug
the ADSL line into its slot on the splitter and the 56k modem into the
other
slot.
--
Not Available

Then watch as your PC gets infested with a rogue dialer and it starts
dialing international numbers and running up a huge phone bill.

If you want a better solution, why not use a linux-based fax solution, so
that the linux box is connected to the router and acts as a fax server. you
can even download a 30-day trial of a fax/print/share server from
www.net-inter-net.com