I want a cap, honest!

Old November 16th 04, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

Default I want a cap, honest!

I am one of those that have been sent the 'infamous' e-mail about
using too much bandwidth. I accept that I have and intend to modify my
behaviour.

What irks me more day by day, is that +net will not give a figure on
what it considers too much.

Their solution of shunting heavy users to one pipe is a monthly
rolling program, not a one off occurrence.

Without a figure, a given amount of bandwidth may be okay one month,
but not the next and nobody will know where they stand.

I will stick with +Net for the moment and see if this solution fails
or not.

However, I want to be ready to jump ship.

Does anybody know of an ISP that is not economical with the truth and
say an account is unlimited, but comes clean with a cap?

TIA.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old November 16th 04, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message

Does anybody know of an ISP that is not economical with the truth and
say an account is unlimited, but comes clean with a cap?

NDO?

www.ndo.com

Been with them for a while now (ex-PIPEX), wouldn't fault them at all.

Simon

Kernow Telecom - Cheap international calls
(India only 10p/min on 0871 570 8216), (USA, Europe
and Oz National rate on 0870 794 8303/0844 570 8303)
Email us for more rates and unlocking offers!
**Old website still going- http://kernow-telecom.co.uk**

Old November 16th 04, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Dr Teeth" wrote
snip.....
Does anybody know of an ISP that is not economical with the truth and
say an account is unlimited, but comes clean with a cap?

While i loath to say it Wanadoo my ISP are honest about what you can use,
all their services have a cap, for me on dialup and a friend on adsl they
have been ok, could do better at some things, (customer support is a bit
thick when it comes to anything remotely techie) but hey like you asked the
figures are their on their site and they aint economical about the truth.
The news server is reliable, but only has 35,000 (approx, well its just
under ;D) groups so after PN that may put you of.
But hey they with regards to what you can and cant have in GB terms per
month are staright up front about it .

Old November 17th 04, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Dr Teeth wrote:
I am one of those that have been sent the 'infamous' e-mail about
using too much bandwidth. I accept that I have and intend to modify my
behaviour.

What irks me more day by day, is that +net will not give a figure on
what it considers too much.

Could you give an idea of your current usage?
Are you on 512K/1M/2M, and is your line ever inactive?
Old November 17th 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

wrote in message

Rumour has it that +net could be taking them over .Where did you hear

that?

If that's the case, I'm off! :P

Old November 17th 04, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:50:17 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

The news server is reliable, but only has 35,000 (approx, well its just
under ;D) groups so after PN that may put you of.

Heck, I cannot use my bandwidth anymore without wearing brown trousers
g.

Nildram says "NO download limit!", love the capitals and exclamation
mark. I've e-mailed them to see if it is true.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old November 17th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On 17 Nov 2004 00:06:56 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Could you give an idea of your current usage?

Last three months:

Sep-Oct 115.84GB
Aug-Sep 187.48GB
Jul-Aug 172.14GB

Are you on 512K/1M/2M, and is your line ever inactive?

I'm on 2Mb and my line is inactive during the day (M-F), not so much
at the weekends. I'm trying to be good ATM, but without figures snips
the stuff I'm sure you've read before about it.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old November 17th 04, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
wrote in message

Rumour has it that +net could be taking them over .Where did you hear

that?

If that's the case, I'm off! :P

Guess that shows even what non PN users think of PN

Old November 17th 04, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Dr Teeth wrote:
I am one of those that have been sent the 'infamous' e-mail about
using too much bandwidth. I accept that I have and intend to modify my
behaviour.

What irks me more day by day, is that +net will not give a figure on
what it considers too much.

Could you give an idea of your current usage?
Are you on 512K/1M/2M, and is your line ever inactive?

Hows about PN give the acceptable use figure first, after all its them that
has came up with the half baked scheme.