Freeserve (sorry Wanadoo..!) off..?

Old November 17th 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Default Freeserve (sorry Wanadoo..!) off..?

Anyone else had problems this afternoon..? Useless tech support line knows
nothing as usual. Ok now here but has been off for most of the afternoon.

Ivor

Old November 17th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Ivor Jones wrote:

Anyone else had problems this afternoon..? Useless tech support line
knows nothing as usual. Ok now here but has been off for most of the
afternoon.

Ivor

Do you mean that you can't connect, can't pick up mail, or what?

Despite now connecting via PlusNet, I've still got 3 Freeserve PAYG accounts
and some of mine and all of my wife's emails go to those accounts. I use
mailwasher to check for new emails every 5 minutes, and that's not reported
any problems - so their POP servers must be working, at least.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old November 17th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

Anyone else had problems this afternoon..? Useless tech support line

knows
nothing as usual. Ok now here but has been off for most of the afternoon.

Ivor

Im on anytime and all has been fine here.

Old November 17th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Tiscali Tim wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Anyone else had problems this afternoon..? Useless tech support
line knows nothing as usual. Ok now here but has been off for most
of the afternoon.

Ivor

Do you mean that you can't connect, can't pick up mail, or what?

Ok now, but for around 4 hours it was nothing accessible at all, no web,
no email, no news, no VoIP, no nothing. Modem was indicating it was sync'd
with the exchange but nothing else.

I was getting worried as I have 2 auctions on eBay finishing shortly ;-)

Apparently if Wanadoo are to be believed it was something on BT and
affecting customers nationwide.

Ivor

Old November 17th 04, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Ivor Jones" wrote
snip.......
Apparently if Wanadoo are to be believed it was something on BT and
affecting customers nationwide.

Oh no wanadoo and plusnet conspiracys all in the same day ;D