Router with Wanadoo

Old November 17th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve O

Default Router with Wanadoo

Couldn't find it in the FAQ, tech support fairly non-committal.........

Can I use a router with a built in modem on any Wanadoo BB package? Or am I
tied to their crappy USB thing with ICS as the only option?

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, but my mate already has an account
and wants me (this always happens) to sort it out.

Cheers

--
#Reply address#
steve_at_steveolive_dot_co_dot_uk

Old November 17th 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Steve O wrote:
: Can I use a router with a built in modem on any Wanadoo BB package? Or am I
: tied to their crappy USB thing with ICS as the only option?

Any router - it's dead easy!

: I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, but my mate already has an account
: and wants me (this always happens) to sort it out.

Despite your prejudice the technical quality of their service (run, as
always, by Planet OnLine) is excellent.
Old November 17th 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

: Can I use a router with a built in modem on any Wanadoo BB package? Or am I
: tied to their crappy USB thing with ICS as the only option?
Any router - it's dead easy!

* adsl modem/router - *not* a cable router

Old November 17th 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve O

Thanks for that.
Maybe I shoudn't dismiss them so readily.

Old November 17th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Couldn't find it in the FAQ, tech support fairly non-committal.........

Can I use a router with a built in modem on any Wanadoo BB package? Or am

tied to their crappy USB thing with ICS as the only option?

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, but my mate already has an account
and wants me (this always happens) to sort it out.

Cheers

Are you asking if a Router is technically possible, or are you worried it
might contravene their T&C
If the former then the answer is most defiantly YES

If the latter, I don't think the word Router appears in their conditions.

Anyway ICS is a form of NAT Router, you can Port Forward, and it does DHCP

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old November 17th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:19:44 -0000, "Steve O" wrote:

Maybe I shoudn't dismiss them so readily.

their connectivity provider is Energis≤ who in general are quite
useful.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !