How long can BT make me wait?

Old November 18th 04, 08:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Default How long can BT make me wait?

On 18/11/2004 06:45 DeeBee got up from the bar and shouted..:
Hi

Not sure if this is the right group, but I ordered Adsl for my parents for
Christmas - going with EFH Broadband - high setup costs but 10+vat per
month.

They gave a start date of 12 Nov but according to EFH, BT have put the order
on hold because there is not enough capacity at the exchange. The order is
on hold until BT sort out more capacity.

EFH says they have never been in this situation and are chasing BT.

Has anyone here come accoss this situation before and how long can BT makje
us wait until the decide my folk can get ADSL.

BTW all the web site with ADSL availabilty checker say their phone number is
OK fot broadband and also their dial up is so bad and unreliable that after
several complaints to BT who say they can do nothing about it and that we
should consider broadband - but when we have finally given in and gone for
ADSL they can't do that either.

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated

DeeBee

Try he http://www.samknows.com/broadband/capacity-league.php

It shows if there are any planned DSLAM upgrades pending at your
exchange to increase capacity.

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."