Newbie Help Please

Old November 18th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Warner

Default Newbie Help Please

Allegedly, my line was activated yesterday.

I'm trying to set up a Draytek Vigor 2600Gi.

I've been using the 'Auto Detect ATM/DSL Setting' to see if the line is
ready. I haven't been able to connect.

Is there another easy way of checking that the line has actually been
activated? No point trying to set things up if the line isn't active
yet.

Thanks in Advance
Tom
Mac OSX
DrayTek Vigor 2600Gi
Trilogytelecom
--
My ol' grandaddy taught me to always;
post in plain text,
Old November 18th 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Tom Warner wrote:
Allegedly, my line was activated yesterday.

I'm trying to set up a Draytek Vigor 2600Gi.

I've been using the 'Auto Detect ATM/DSL Setting' to see if the line is
ready. I haven't been able to connect.

Is there another easy way of checking that the line has actually been
activated? No point trying to set things up if the line isn't active
yet.

Doesn't that status window show at the bottom the status of the line,
irrespective of whether you have connected?
Old November 18th 04, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Tom Warner wrote:
Allegedly, my line was activated yesterday.

I'm trying to set up a Draytek Vigor 2600Gi.

I've been using the 'Auto Detect ATM/DSL Setting' to see if the line is
ready. I haven't been able to connect.

Is there another easy way of checking that the line has actually been
activated? No point trying to set things up if the line isn't active
yet.

You can check

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...NUM=x&TELNUM=y

replacing x with your 2 letters and 8 digits BT account code and y with
your phone number.

You should be able to see the BT order for your activation and the
status of it. This can be a day or two behind actual events.

JP
Old November 18th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:14:17 +0000, John wrote:

You should be able to see the BT order for your activation and the
status of it. This can be a day or two behind actual events.

"Trilogytelecom"

he's an LLU customer I think.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 18th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Warner

Phil Thompson wrote:

he's an LLU customer I think.

According to the order tracking suggested above, yes.

What does that mean?

Tom

Old November 18th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Warner

John wrote:

You can check

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...mmary?CUSNUM=x
&TELNUM=y

replacing x with your 2 letters and 8 digits BT account code and y with
your phone number.

Thanks for that.

It says it's 'complete'

Can you think why my router isn't picking it up?

All the best,
Tom
Old November 18th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Warner

Phil Thompson wrote:

Why not ask them - it is they you are paying after all ?

.... and then the phone bloke says that I have to use only the leads
(including the filter thingie that I wasn't going to use at all) that
they've supplied.

So I say: 'OK I'll try all that and get back to you' and unsurprisingly,
it still doesn't work so I leave it for an hour or two and when I come
back the ADSL light is on solid and everything works OK.shrug

So after all these years of waiting, I finally have BB.

My daughter hardly noticed...sigh

Thanks everyone,
Tom