BT enforcing capping?

Old November 18th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Damot

Default BT enforcing capping?

Are BT actually enforcing their 1GB a day capping on their 1MB service yet?
Old November 18th 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Damot wrote:
Are BT actually enforcing their 1GB a day capping on their 1MB service yet?

Nope, next year supposedly.

--
Andy M Jenkins
http://www.uk-bug.net : The UK Broadband Usergroup
Old November 18th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Damot wrote:
|| Are BT actually enforcing their 1GB a day capping on their 1MB
|| service yet?

There is no 1GB a day limit, but there will be a 30GB monthly limit.

--
Rob

Old November 18th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alf

"Rob" wrote in
:

Damot wrote:
|| Are BT actually enforcing their 1GB a day capping on their 1MB
|| service yet?

There is no 1GB a day limit, but there will be a 30GB monthly limit.

Does anybody know if they plan to enable a check of usage on their website
as the 1GB p.m. customers are able to.

Cheers, A.

Old November 19th 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robbie

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:44:33 +0000, alf wrote:

Does anybody know if they plan to enable a check of usage on their website
as the 1GB p.m. customers are able to.

Cheers, A.

Yes they do - using the same website

Old November 19th 04, 07:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Damot

"Rob" wrote in message ...
Damot wrote:
|| Are BT actually enforcing their 1GB a day capping on their 1MB
|| service yet?

There is no 1GB a day limit, but there will be a 30GB monthly limit.

Correct. I just prefer to call it that. 1GB a day is nothing when you
look at it like that, not for me anyway!

Have BT said when they'll start enforcing it?
Old November 19th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alf

Robbie wrote in
:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:44:33 +0000, alf wrote:

Does anybody know if they plan to enable a check of usage on their
website as the 1GB p.m. customers are able to.

Cheers, A.

Yes they do - using the same website

Thanks Robbie,

Cheers, Alf.
Old November 19th 04, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Damot wrote:
||| There is no 1GB a day limit, but there will be a 30GB monthly limit.
|| Correct. I just prefer to call it that. 1GB a day is nothing when you
|| look at it like that, not for me anyway!

I didn't just post that to be pedantic. After seeing your post I had to
check because it had me worried. I won't do anything like 30GB in a month
but I definitely need to go over 1GB a day for a couple of times during the
month. If they decide to cap it on a daily basis, then I'm outa there.

|| Have BT said when they'll start enforcing it?

Some time after Jan 05 I believe.

--
Rob

Old November 19th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Damot

"Rob" wrote in message ...
|| Correct. I just prefer to call it that. 1GB a day is nothing when you
|| look at it like that, not for me anyway!

I didn't just post that to be pedantic. After seeing your post I had to
check because it had me worried. I won't do anything like 30GB in a month
but I definitely need to go over 1GB a day for a couple of times during the
month. If they decide to cap it on a daily basis, then I'm outa there.

I realsied that, you're right though, they are too completely
different things. 1GB a day is ridiculous anyway for a serious
internet user.

|| Have BT said when they'll start enforcing it?

Some time after Jan 05 I believe.

Right thanks. Of course 30GB is the upstream and downstream usually,
so it's not very much IMO