moving from AnyTime

Old November 18th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Default moving from AnyTime

Hi,

I'm currently with Wanadoo Anytime and want to switch to a broadband
supplier (probably Virgin). I still wish to retain my Wanadoo email account
as a dial up (or through the Wanadoo home page), at least for a few months,
but don't want to pay Wanadoo anything. Has anyone done this ?

Regards,

Steve

Old November 18th 04, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"steve church" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm currently with Wanadoo Anytime and want to switch to a broadband
supplier (probably Virgin). I still wish to retain my Wanadoo email

account
as a dial up (or through the Wanadoo home page), at least for a few

months,
but don't want to pay Wanadoo anything. Has anyone done this ?

I did consider moving from my Tesco Anytime to broadband at Wanadoo, and
Wanadoo told me how to set up my OE to get my e-mails from Tesco should I
decide to go with them.
They did tell me that uploading e-mails would have to go through Wanadoo as
all ISP have a rule that you upload from your own provider.
Actually I went with Tesco broadband.
--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group.

Old November 18th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:43:08 -0000, "steve church"
wrote:

I'm currently with Wanadoo Anytime and want to switch to a broadband
supplier (probably Virgin). I still wish to retain my Wanadoo email account

no probs, just collect email via your broadband connection off the
wanadoo server and send via the new ISP. Need to dial wanadoo once
every 30 days or so to keep it alive, that's all - or resurrect it
from the web site.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 18th 04, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , Phil Thompson
writes
wrote:

I'm currently with Wanadoo Anytime and want to switch to a broadband
supplier (probably Virgin). I still wish to retain my Wanadoo email account

no probs, just collect email via your broadband connection off the
wanadoo server and send via the new ISP. Need to dial wanadoo once
every 30 days or so to keep it alive, that's all - or resurrect it
from the web site.

I have done the above, still collect my mail from Wanadoo, just set your
mail client up to collect at the same time as when you collect when you
are with your new ISP.
I think you only have to dial into Wanadoo every 90 days to keep it
active.

--
Paul
Old November 18th 04, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"steve church" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm currently with Wanadoo Anytime and want to switch to a broadband
supplier (probably Virgin). I still wish to retain my Wanadoo email account
as a dial up (or through the Wanadoo home page), at least for a few months,
but don't want to pay Wanadoo anything. Has anyone done this ?

Regards,

Steve

Steve

Try ringing Virgin's support first.
Unless they've improved a response could take a while.
Try (if you can) emailing their support.
My last attempt with them returned an irrelevant response after about 2 weeks.

My advice is PlusNet, Nildram, Pipex.
www.adslguide,co.uk will provide you with the means to compare.
Put Virgin in there and compare with whoever else you fancy.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly