Speed test...

Old November 18th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Speed test...

Is this good, average or poor?

adslguide.org.uk...
Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 452 Kbps (56.5 KB/sec) 488 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Cheers,
Mike.
Old November 18th 04, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , Mike writes
Is this good, average or poor?

adslguide.org.uk...
Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 452 Kbps (56.5 KB/sec) 488 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Not as good as it could be,

Downstream 464 Kbps (58.0 KB/sec) 501 Kbps (inc.overheads)

Mine could be slightly better as well.

Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

That's OK same as mine,

--
Paul
Old November 18th 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Buchanan

"Mike" wrote in message
Is this good, average or poor?

adslguide.org.uk...
Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 452 Kbps (56.5 KB/sec) 488 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Cheers,
Mike.

Mike,

I take it is a 512 connection, I would say these are very good figures as
max downstream is 512, your figure 452 is 88% and your upstream is 244
against 256, which is 95%

Tom Buchanan