Is Broadband acitvated early ?

Old November 18th 04, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xxxxxxxxxx

Default Is Broadband acitvated early ?

My exchange was due to be activated (RFS date ) on Wednesday 17th Nov. My
ISP advised my service will be live five days or so later and I have been
given a live date of next Monday. When I pluged in my modem tonight it now
lights ( ADSL) steady green but I cannot connect to my ISP.

Does this mean the line and exchange are now set up and I am waiting for the
exchange / BT / ISP link to be completed ?

Jas

Old November 19th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My exchange was due to be activated (RFS date ) on Wednesday 17th
Nov. My ISP advised my service will be live five days or so later and
I have been given a live date of next Monday. When I pluged in my
modem tonight it now lights ( ADSL) steady green but I cannot
connect to my ISP.
Does this mean the line and exchange are now set up and I am waiting
for the exchange / BT / ISP link to be completed ?

Jas

The chances are that the physical connections have been made but the
software protocols haven't been set up yet. It may just be that your ISP
hasn't activated your account yet so it could pay just to give them a call &
see..