ADSL Exchange Capacity Problem - Help???

Old November 19th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DeeBee

Default ADSL Exchange Capacity Problem - Help???

Hi

Further to my post of a few days ago regarding a capacity issue that is
preventing my parents from getting ADSL.

We have ordered a 512 50:1 service through EFH Broadband. BT have said that
the order is on hold because they have now capacity at the exchange.

However checking with samknows and other tools there appears to be plenty of
capacity available.

Is there any way to persue this, or is it just a case of waiting until BT
see fit to permit my folks to have broadband.

Or is it a case of they do not want to deal with EFH or some issue.

I think I have established that the line is not DACSed, so what else could
cause this issue with BT.

Any ideas greatfully received

Thanks

DeeBee

Old November 19th 04, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Use.Netuser.ntl

"DeeBee" wrote...
I think I have established that the line is not DACSed, so what else could
cause this issue with BT.

Maybe BT do not have any spare capacity on the DSLAM. Upgrades are being
installed at rapid pace all over the UK .. certainly for Fujitsu DSLAM's
anyway.

Old November 20th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:34:44 -0000, "DeeBee"
wrote:

Is there any way to persue this, or is it just a case of waiting until BT
see fit to permit my folks to have broadband.

if EFH are using "Datastream", which I believe to be the case, it may
be that their allocation of ports has been used up or they are waiting
for a VP to be conected to that exchange.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ allows you to check the
availablility of IPstream ports and exchange VP capacity for IPstream
but not for datastream which is ISP specific. You could ask EFH to
connect you using IPStream if those stats look ok.

Or you could walk away and use an IPstream provider.
Avoid Tesco, NTL, Tiscali, cpbb etc.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 20th 04, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DeeBee

wrote:

Is there any way to persue this, or is it just a case of waiting until BT
see fit to permit my folks to have broadband.

if EFH are using "Datastream", which I believe to be the case, it may
be that their allocation of ports has been used up or they are waiting
for a VP to be conected to that exchange.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ allows you to check the
availablility of IPstream ports and exchange VP capacity for IPstream
but not for datastream which is ISP specific. You could ask EFH to
connect you using IPStream if those stats look ok.

Or you could walk away and use an IPstream provider.
Avoid Tesco, NTL, Tiscali, cpbb etc.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

EFH use ip stream as far as I know, but I will check

DeeBee

Old November 20th 04, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DeeBee

if EFH are using "Datastream", which I believe to be the case, it may
be that their allocation of ports has been used up or they are waiting
for a VP to be conected to that exchange.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ allows you to check the
availablility of IPstream ports and exchange VP capacity for IPstream
but not for datastream which is ISP specific. You could ask EFH to
connect you using IPStream if those stats look ok.

Or you could walk away and use an IPstream provider.
Avoid Tesco, NTL, Tiscali, cpbb etc.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

EFH use ip stream as far as I know, but I will check

DeeBee

Just checked - EFH are using IPStream

DeeBee

Old November 20th 04, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:35:41 GMT, "DeeBee"
wrote:

EFH use ip stream as far as I know, but I will check

"EFH adopt the DataStream model where possible; along with a few other
points such as no migration path, no email or webspace, I would put
them on my ISPs to avoid list."

They offer a 2M 50:1 package which is not yet an IPstream product.

Several postings on adslguide say they use datastream in exchanges
with a VP and IPstream elsewhere, apparently they use Telefonica
infrastructure.

"Just got a speedy response(7.50am) from EFH on the matter, I mailed
them last night with my concerns about being placed on datastream.
They responded that indeed all NEW adsl customers are placed on
datastream"

not conclusive, but a body of evidence. Given your situation as
described is consistent with this I leave you to draw your own
conclusions.

Phil
Old November 20th 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:54:38 -0000, "DeeBee"
wrote:

Just checked - EFH are using IPStream

where did you check

their support form at
http://www.eurofasthost.com/forum/sh...ght=datastream
says "All migrations are IPStream. New accounts are a mixture of
DataStream and IPStream." (from a staff member).
then "The account would be DataStream if there was DS capability and
capacity at your exchange, otherwise it would be IPStream."

Plusnet shows Workington as clear for port availability and vP
capacity.

If EFH have placed an order on BT it should pop up on the account
concerned, you can check at http://www.dslzoneuk.com/order_tracker.php
which will also show "Provide One IPstream 500" or the like.

Phil
Old November 20th 04, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DeeBee

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info Phil, I think I will call EFH on Monday and clarify the
situation and then take them up on heir offer of cancelling the order. I
think this is looking more and more dubious as time goes by.

Unfortuenatly I cannot check the status of the order on the link you posted
because I do not have a copy of their phone bill amd they are away on
holiday until Friday.

Cheers

DeeBee