How long can BT make me wait?

Old November 19th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default How long can BT make me wait?

"DeeBee" wrote in message
news:1100760331.aVRwi/3/[email protected]
They gave a start date of 12 Nov but according to EFH, BT have put
the order on hold because there is not enough capacity at the
exchange. The order is on hold until BT sort out more capacity.

EFH says they have never been in this situation and are chasing BT.

Has anyone here come accoss this situation before and how long can BT
makje us wait until the decide my folk can get ADSL.

BT can make you wait forever until they give you ADSL - as they are under no
obligation to provide it!

However, the SamKnows web site probably won't help you - what normally
happens in "not enough capacity" cases is that the DSLAM has simly run out
of ADSL line cards, not that a new DSLAM is needed..

It normaly takes 2/4 weeks for BT to get around to installing new cards on a
DSLAM.

Am suprised your ISP hasn't come across this issue before - its not
uncommon.

Regads
Sunil