harware reset (return to factory defaults) for Q-tec 584AA?

Old November 22nd 04, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

Default harware reset (return to factory defaults) for Q-tec 584AA?

Alex Hunsley wrote:
I'm trying to find out how to do a hardware reset of the Q-tec 584AA
ADSL router. I've downloaded the manuals in PDF format from the
website, but they only seem to refer to doing a factory reset via the
router config pages. Given that I've forgotten the router password,
that one isn't really going to work for me :/

Since I don't have the unit in front of me today, I can't look for the
hardware reset switch (if there is one) - so can anyone tell me how a
config reset is done on this unit, without accessing the actual web
based config (which can't be done if I've forgotten the password?)
thanks!
alex

According to the user manual (which I've d/l'd to look at) the admin
username is admin and the password is epicrouter. The non-admin username is
user and its password is password.

There is no external button or orifice to push something into - so if you
were stupid enough to amend the admin password without making a note of it -
it's toast!

Old November 23rd 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Aw cummon it fell of the back of a lorry !!!
Colin