Sharing AOL 9 via wifi

Old November 22nd 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Default Sharing AOL 9 via wifi

I'm not at all AOL aware, having avoided it like the plague for 10 years,
but I'm troubleshooting a problem for someone just now.

They have a Belkin wifi adsl/router dialling into AOL, and the desktop and a
laptop requiring access.

Does AOL 9 need to be installed on the desktop, since it's now the router
that's doing the dial-up?

Does AOL 9 need to be installed on the laptop, to allow the laptop to share
the connection?

Cheers,

Fred.

Old November 22nd 04, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
I'm not at all AOL aware, having avoided it like the plague for 10 years,
but I'm troubleshooting a problem for someone just now.

They have a Belkin wifi adsl/router dialling into AOL, and the desktop and
laptop requiring access.

Does AOL 9 need to be installed on the desktop, since it's now the router
that's doing the dial-up?

Does AOL 9 need to be installed on the laptop, to allow the laptop to
share
the connection?

Cheers,

Fred.

No and no.

AOL have dispensed with the restriction on access to their service. As long
as you have a browser/email client you should be able to use AOL BB.

Old November 22nd 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
I'm not at all AOL aware, having avoided it like the plague for 10 years,
but I'm troubleshooting a problem for someone just now.

They have a Belkin wifi adsl/router dialling into AOL, and the desktop and

laptop requiring access.

Does AOL 9 need to be installed on the desktop, since it's now the router
that's doing the dial-up?

Does AOL 9 need to be installed on the laptop, to allow the laptop to

share
the connection?

Cheers,

Fred.

You don't need to use the AOL software any on machine with a router. Just
give the router the AOL screenname and password and it will log in for you
avoiding the software.