3COM ADSL Firewall ROuter Config

Old November 22nd 04, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Lilly

Default 3COM ADSL Firewall ROuter Config

I am having difficulty in configering a 3CRWE754G72-A, it could be i
am misunderstanding how the unit passes the IP addresses.......

My ISP has assigned a public IP address, normally the 3Com Router
would hide this address from my local LAN...In my case to enable my
VPN connection to work, i need this public IP address to be passed
through the router and avialable at on of the Ports ???..

I have tried disabeling the NAT function in the hope of passing though
the IP address, this seems to have little / no effect as the Local IP
address is still reconized.....

Im i misunderstanding something ??

Stephen