BT Voyager 240 Wired ADSL Router - Any Good?

Old November 23rd 04, 06:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Fraser

Default BT Voyager 240 Wired ADSL Router - Any Good?

Already have NTL, but just signed up for ADSL with F2S to try it out.
Previously had a bad initial experience with ISDN on this telephone
line (until BT sent a gaffer round to fix it). So worried about
whether the new service will run smoothly enough to be useful.

Therefore, I am inclined to buy my equipment from F2S because, if
eventually ADSL doesn't work out for me and they have to withdraw it,
they give a refund on the kit.

Hence my question about the BT Voyager 240. I was gonna go for the
Netgear DG834 as I already have ALL Netgear stuff for the cable
connection and it works seamlessly. There are five PCs on the LAN
using a Netgear uplink switch for the fifth.

What do you guys think?

Bob

P.S. You'll gather that, due to previous experiences, I am rather
suspicious of BT (and the many excuses they often give for lines not
working as they should). IMHO some of the 'engineers' they've sent
round here are 'jokes'.

at http://www.TitanNews.com