Belkin F5D7630-4A - Can I change MTU & MRU?

Old November 23rd 04, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Default Belkin F5D7630-4A - Can I change MTU & MRU?

Hi,

I not in the same location as this modem/router at the moment, but research
leads me to think I need to change the MTU and MRU settings to 1400 to get
it to work properly with AOL.

Can anybody confirm this can be done on this modem/router? I downloaded the
manual, but it doesn't mention this.

Cheers,

Fred.

Old November 23rd 04, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Cole

In article ,
"Fred Finisterre" wrote:

Hi,

I not in the same location as this modem/router at the moment, but research
leads me to think I need to change the MTU and MRU settings to 1400 to get
it to work properly with AOL.

Can anybody confirm this can be done on this modem/router? I downloaded the
manual, but it doesn't mention this.

Cheers,

Fred.

MTU... Yes, not sure what MRU is??

Al.

--
Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]
Old November 23rd 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:45:47 -0000, "Fred Finisterre"
wrote:

I not in the same location as this modem/router at the moment, but research
leads me to think I need to change the MTU and MRU settings to 1400 to get
it to work properly with AOL.

change the PCs to 1400 and the Belkin will pass on the 1400 sized
chunks suitable for AOL's system. No need to change it, even if you
could.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 23rd 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message

I not in the same location as this modem/router at the moment, but
research leads me to think I need to change the MTU and MRU settings
to 1400 to get it to work properly with AOL.

Can anybody confirm this can be done on this modem/router? I
downloaded the manual, but it doesn't mention this.

Yes, the MTU setting can be changed on the router.

Go to "Connection Type" on the menu - hit next and its on the 2nd page.

Regards
Sunil