Demon realbroadband

Old November 24th 04, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WestYorkshireman

Default Demon realbroadband

Does anyone know about the new Home 500 package, 512 kbps, unrestricted
usage, no download limit, free set up / modem etc, 19.99 per month.
There was an advert for it in the Mail on Sunday and seeing that I am
looking into getting broadband it obviously caught my attention, I was going
to go with pipex but I don't know now.

Westie.

Old November 24th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

WestYorkshireman wrote in message

Does anyone know about the new Home 500 package, 512 kbps,
unrestricted usage, no download limit, free set up / modem etc,
19.99 per month.
There was an advert for it in the Mail on Sunday and seeing that I am
looking into getting broadband it obviously caught my attention, I
was going to go with pipex but I don't know now.

Yup. My girlfriend uses it, does exactly what it says on the tin.

--
Ian McMillan

Old November 24th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"WestYorkshireman" wrote in message
Does anyone know about the new Home 500 package, 512 kbps, unrestricted
usage, no download limit, free set up / modem etc, 19.99 per month.
There was an advert for it in the Mail on Sunday and seeing that I am
looking into getting broadband it obviously caught my attention, I was

going
to go with pipex but I don't know now.

Seems a good service, tech support are knowldgable, only thing is the 19.99
package doesnt come with newsgroups, other then that seems ok, support from
my experience is better then pipex, but pipex unlimited services do come
with a 10gb capped news service... so now you just need to choose... do you
want the good support.... or would you prefer a newsgroup service ;D

Old November 24th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WestYorkshireman

I didn't know there wouldn't be any newsgroups, so there is a down side to
it.
The wife and I do visit some newsgroups, don't think she would be too happy
not to have them, some more thought into it is needed I think.

Westie

Old November 24th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:25:27 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

but pipex unlimited services do come
with a 10gb capped news service

and cost more - the 19.99 pipex service is 1GB/month limited.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 24th 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

WestYorkshireman wrote:

I didn't know there wouldn't be any newsgroups, so there is a down side to
it.
The wife and I do visit some newsgroups, don't think she would be too happy
not to have them, some more thought into it is needed I think.

Are they non-binary newsgroups? If they aren't, then I'd easily
recommend the free service I (and many others) use- news.individual.net

I can access BT's newsserver if I want, but I use the former instead-
it's very reliable.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old November 24th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:29:00 -0000, "WestYorkshireman"
wrote:

The wife and I do visit some newsgroups, don't think she would be too happy
not to have them, some more thought into it is needed I think.

news.individual.net and other free alternatives or pay 10/year
services are available. No webspace with Home500 either.

Groups.google.com for web based reading of newsgroups, not to
everyone's liking.

Phil
Old November 24th 04, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WestYorkshireman

I have just searched around and have found that wifey has set up
News.Individual.net, the clever girl.
The pendulum swings towards Demon again.
Thanks to all for the info.

Westie.

Old November 24th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 24/11/2004 WestYorkshireman wrote:

I have just searched around and have found that wifey has set up
News.Individual.net, the clever girl.
The pendulum swings towards Demon again.
Thanks to all for the info.

Westie.

My God, has she got a sister?

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Old November 24th 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"WestYorkshireman" wrote in message
I didn't know there wouldn't be any newsgroups, so there is a down side

it.
The wife and I do visit some newsgroups, don't think she would be too

happy
not to have them, some more thought into it is needed I think.

Westie

before i read the other replys, remember you could use the free german news
server, it doesnt include binaries, but is fast and reliable.