New broadband price comparison service launched by founder of Kelkoo UK

Old November 24th 04, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default New broadband price comparison service launched by founder of Kelkoo UK

Apologies if someone has already posted this with an obscure subject
line.

"New broadband price comparison service launched by founder of Kelkoo
UK"

http://tinyurl.com/5qwvo

then

http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old November 24th 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:21:01 +0000, wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/5qwvo

ie http://www.sourcewire.com/releases/r...hp?relid=QAAQQ a
publicity piece

then

http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/

hmm, doesn't offer me any Demon or Zen services (to name but two).

If I say I only want to spend 20 I am only offerred low speed
services despite specifying 512k standard speed . If I hack the url of
the results page to
http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broa...ce=2& speed=3
I get the 512k 20 options. Otherwise the URL is
http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broa...ce=2& speed=2

It offers me UKOnline 8000 which is not available from my exchange.

3/10 but it does say Beta so maybe 5/10 :-)

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 24th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec McKenzie

http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broa...bitmask=1&pric
e=2&speed=3
I get the 512k 20 options. Otherwise the URL is
http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broa...bitmask=1&pric
e=2&speed=2

It offers me UKOnline 8000 which is not available from my exchange.

3/10 but it does say Beta so maybe 5/10 :-)

And it can find no results at all for my postcode.

--
Alec McKenzie

Old November 24th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

wrote in message
Apologies if someone has already posted this with an obscure subject
line.

"New broadband price comparison service launched by founder of Kelkoo
UK"

http://tinyurl.com/5qwvo

then

http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/

A nice new site that has potential

Old November 24th 04, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:21:01 +0000, wrote:

Apologies if someone has already posted this with an obscure subject
line.

"New broadband price comparison service launched by founder of Kelkoo
UK"

http://tinyurl.com/5qwvo

then

http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/

Good idea, but the site needs a lot of work.

It doesn't cover a very large list of ISPs (Plusnet are not in them,
neither are AAISP), and results returned using the "genie" are
different to those returned using the standard search.

It also, when using the standard search, came up with one cable
service for me, in an area without cable.
Old November 25th 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 24 Nov 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, Phil Thompson wrote:

If I say I only want to spend 20 I am only offerred low speed
services despite specifying 512k standard speed .

If I hack the url of the results page to

I didn't get as far as having a hack at the URLs when I tried the
USwitch.com/co.uk (?) site the other day. Seemed only to have a
tiny subset, but driven on commission, no wonder. Peter M.