Fair use policy - Demon?

Old November 24th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

Default Fair use policy - Demon?

I've been using my Demon connection for about a while now. For the last few
days, my downloads have been in excess of 2gb and my uploads around 1gb.

I'm aware the service is 'unlimited' but was wondering if there were any
'fair use' terms that could be used against such a high user?

Comments would be appreciated.

Old November 24th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Carl wrote:
I've been using my Demon connection for about a while now. For the last few
days, my downloads have been in excess of 2gb and my uploads around 1gb.

I'm aware the service is 'unlimited' but was wondering if there were any
'fair use' terms that could be used against such a high user?

Has demon gone over to capacity based charging yet?
Old November 24th 04, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

Has demon gone over to capacity based charging yet?

Not that i know of.

Just a simple concern that you can't download this much data for such a low
price.

Rgds,

Carl

Old November 24th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:59:17 -0000, "Carl"
wrote:

Comments would be appreciated.

one for demon.service I feel.

One of their engineers mumbled something a while ago about them
"watching to see how it develops"

In the past Demon have allowed 24/7 connection of dialup lines via
surftime, which some would regard as taking the ****. There's nothing
specific about data volumes in the AUP but if enough people set out to
break its back that will be quickly rectified I'm sure.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old November 24th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message

In the past Demon have allowed 24/7 connection of dialup lines via
surftime, which some would regard as taking the ****. There's nothing
specific about data volumes in the AUP but if enough people set out to
break its back that will be quickly rectified I'm sure.

Thanks for the reply Phil.

Forgot about demon.service given that they don't give us plebs access to the
usenet feed ;o)

/me will repost original into there....

Rgds,

Carl

Old November 24th 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Carl wrote:

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message

In the past Demon have allowed 24/7 connection of dialup lines via
surftime, which some would regard as taking the ****. There's nothing
specific about data volumes in the AUP but if enough people set out to
break its back that will be quickly rectified I'm sure.

Thanks for the reply Phil.

Forgot about demon.service given that they don't give us plebs access to the
usenet feed ;o)

Oh yes they do.
demon.service is publically available.
Even on google.
Old November 24th 04, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

Oh yes they do.
demon.service is publically available.
Even on google.

Sorry Ian.

Perhaps my comment wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Yes, the demon.* groups are available on most usenet servers.

I meant that as this usenet server i'm using isn't provided by Demon, I
forgot about their groups (hence posting here).

Rgds,

Carl