Trust / Q-Tec ADSL router on AOL anyone?

Old November 25th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default Trust / Q-Tec ADSL router on AOL anyone?

Hi all,

I was helping a mate with his AOL BB (ADSL .. is there a choice yet?)
tonight.

He had moved the BT Voyager 100 from a 98 machine an XP one and not
loaded the drivers (anfd lost the disk of course). Anyway, we got all
that sorted and got him back online, now he want's me to connect the
WAN wireless router (Voyager has USB only)...

So, considering AOL's 'strange' requirements re sharing and connection
setup etc, has anyone used a Trust or Q-Tec ADSL/ WiFi / Router and if
so which one would be the best please (I might be able to get either
brand at a good price .. a returned favour from another mate) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Old November 26th 04, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi all,

So, considering AOL's 'strange' requirements re sharing and connection
setup etc, has anyone used a Trust or Q-Tec ADSL/ WiFi / Router and if
so which one would be the best please (I might be able to get either
brand at a good price .. a returned favour from another mate) ;-)

AOL has not had 'strange' requirements for sharing for at least 6 months
now... you don't even have to load the AOL software anymore! Will work with
any router/wifi combination, as long as the MTU figures can be set to
1400...

Old November 26th 04, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:32:40 -0000, "huLLy"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,

So, considering AOL's 'strange' requirements re sharing and connection
setup etc, has anyone used a Trust or Q-Tec ADSL/ WiFi / Router and if
so which one would be the best please (I might be able to get either
brand at a good price .. a returned favour from another mate) ;-)

AOL has not had 'strange' requirements for sharing for at least 6 months
now... you don't even have to load the AOL software anymore! Will work with
any router/wifi combination, as long as the MTU figures can be set to
1400...

Hi huLLy,

That was sorta what I understood from this list (the MTU of 1400 and
the signon options) but not seen it in an actual router (as most of my
stuff is for cable and doesn't seem to have it?).

The guy currently has a Belkin WiFi WAN type (RJ45) router that he
bought last Xmyth and not managed to use yet!

I didn't know if we could simply get a RJ45 interfaced ADSL modem and
use his existing router but I didn't know if that meant we wouldn't be
able to set the MTU (or not set it easily)?

This guy isn't tekky and I don't want to be round there every 5 mins.
So if there was a WiFi ADSL router that was 'solid' (on AOL) I think
he would rather just buy that and sell the Belkin WAN one?

Even better if it was a Trust / Q-Tec model as I can probably get one
of them at cost for him... ;-)

All the best ..

T i m