Find out why ADSL rejected?

Old November 26th 04, 12:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
db

Default Find out why ADSL rejected?

I have applied for ADSL through CarphoneWarehouse, BT keep rejecting
the application. CW don't know or aren't saying why. Just to clarify;
I don't have ADSL on the line at the mo (so it's not a migration), the
exchange is ADSL enabled, there is no DACS on the line (it took 3
months of fighting to get it removed about 5yrs ago - because my modem
kept dropping) there has never been home highway or ISDN at this
address.

My question is.. Is there any way to find out from BT (without going
through CW) about why the application was rejected.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Old November 26th 04, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Phone BT customer service on 150 and ask. I have asked them in the past
about ADSL orders on my line and they have been very helpful.

Old November 26th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
db

Thx m8.

The 150 operator I spoke to said he couldn't find out about any other
telcos adsl orders on the line but he ran some tests and double
checked with the broadband section and said that the line is ok for
adsl, no technical probs.

More waiting I expect.
Old November 26th 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

db wrote:
Thx m8.

The 150 operator I spoke to said he couldn't find out about any other
telcos adsl orders on the line but he ran some tests and double
checked with the broadband section and said that the line is ok for
adsl, no technical probs.

More waiting I expect.

Fraid to say that the operator/front desk on 150 wouldn't be able to test
your line with regards to ADSL & will have very little communication with
the BT wholesale/broadband team. The only way you would be able to find out
is to get your ISP to ask BT Wholesale (150 is BT Retail by the way) for an
answer, which some will do but unfortunately some don't bother.

Best bet is to try with a different ISP & hope you get better service
(asking for a manual progresion may pay off as well).

One thing you've got to remember BT want you to have a usable service, they
don't want to reject your application as it loses them money (that's after I
spent over 5 hours trying to get one circuit within spec & failing dismally
today).

Old December 1st 04, 01:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
db

I should have made it clear that the 150 op went away and talked to
the broadband team, they ran the test.

It seems that CW and BT have finally managed to communicate and they
have given me a live date for broadband - Saturday. I live in hope.

Thx for the replies.