Showtime but no user:pass yet

Old November 26th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Showtime but no user:pass yet

ADSL due to me enabled next tuesday, but the showtime light came on
today - four days early!

Thing is Metronet have not sent me the userass yet so I was wondering
I can use another userass from when I set up the ex's ADSL. She
doesn't use it and I'm paying for it anyway....

IPs are fixed so I dunno if they are fixed to a particular phone circuit.

Although the router tells me showtime I cannot connect using my other
ADSL userass or the [email protected]_domain and blank password account.

Should it work or am I gonna have to wait for Metronets email!?

Cheers

Steve

Old November 26th 04, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 26 Nov 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Steve wrote:

I was wondering I can use another userass from when I set up the
ex's ADSL. She doesn't use it and I'm paying for it anyway....

If her a/c is with Metronet and you are paying for it, you could quite
easily try it, after all, not like you would bump up *her* bill, is it

But if she's with another ISP, it is unlikely to work, as the line is
tied to one only ISP at any one time. Peter M.

Old November 27th 04, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

On 2004-11-26 22:31:28 +0000, Peter M said:

On 26 Nov 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, Steve wrote:

I was wondering I can use another userass from when I set up the ex's
ADSL. She doesn't use it and I'm paying for it anyway....

If her a/c is with Metronet and you are paying for it, you could quite
easily try it, after all, not like you would bump up *her* bill, is it

But if she's with another ISP, it is unlikely to work, as the line is
tied to one only ISP at any one time. Peter M.

Yes both are Metronet and it does indeed work!

Steve