bulldog is ipstream or datastream?

Old November 29th 04, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default bulldog is ipstream or datastream?

"www" wrote in message

i am thinking of moving from my primetime 1000 bulldog adsl
connection to something cheaper when my 1 year is up. some isp do a
reduce migration but depending if it's ipstream or datastream. so
what stream does bulldog use?

Assuming you are not on an LLU exchange, you can try the BT test login - if
that works you are on IPStream, if not (likely) than DataStream.

However are you sure you want to move?

Since Bulldog dropped the PrimeTime range - most existing PrimeTime
customers seem to be getting 2MB all the time (i.e. Bulldog seem to have
stopped time of day/bandwidth capping)

Regards
Sunil

Old November 29th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:04:13 +0000 (UTC), "www" wrote:

so how do i test if i am getting 2MB or 1MB? what is the best way to test
the line speed?

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp measures throughput.
Modem should tell you line speed (hover over icon, view status page
etc)

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !