Basic, plain english, networking information? Plus a Q.

Old November 29th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gem

Default Basic, plain english, networking information? Plus a Q.

Heeeelp!!!

Over Xmas, SO and I are going to be setting up his brother's and his
mother's PCs to share a 'net connection.

At present, brother's PC is the one with the connection and brother is
getting a bit fidgety that mother will be able to sneak a peek at the
contents of his hard drive! We've assured him that this can be kept
private (not that mother would do this anyway) and I've pointed him at
all sorts of sites and forums to try and reassure him. I think he's
being thick on purpose

So I wondered if the wizards on here had any suggestions for somewhere
we could point him? I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a link to
a site I haven't yet found.

A question ...
The PCs are in adjacent rooms, only a few yards apart, and even that in
a straight line as it happens. Would you still recommend a wireless
router and, if so, why?

TIA

~G
Old November 29th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:04:24 +0000 (UTC), Gem
wrote:

A question ...
The PCs are in adjacent rooms, only a few yards apart, and even that in
a straight line as it happens. Would you still recommend a wireless
router and, if so, why?

save drilling through the walls. Wired would be fine.

http://www.wown.com/ Articles and Tutorials on left
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !