Broadband Supplier

Old November 29th 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baldrick

Default Broadband Supplier

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I have a broadband connection which I would like to migrate
from BT, Plus I would like a new connection.

Im looking for no frills Broadband. 512k-think thats right, and unlimited. Pref with
an email account and fixed i.p

I would prefer both accounts to be on a monthly contract as apposed to yearly. Can
someone recommend a cost effective and reliable provider.

Thanks all
:-)

Old November 29th 04, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheddar

"Baldrick" wrote in message
Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I have a broadband connection which I would like
to migrate
from BT, Plus I would like a new connection.

Im looking for no frills Broadband. 512k-think thats right, and
unlimited. Pref with
an email account and fixed i.p

I would prefer both accounts to be on a monthly contract as apposed to
yearly. Can
someone recommend a cost effective and reliable provider.

What do you mean unlimited? There's a few definitions flying around at the
moment.

1. Download as much as you want, at the max speed of your connection.
2. Download as much as you want, until you reach a level deemed too much
(nobody is going tell you what that figure is)
3. Download as much as you want with a connection speed around 1/20th of
your max.

I'm currently on 2mb with plusnet and can quite happily download at 12KB/s
all day :-)

Old November 29th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

"Baldrick" wrote in message

Check ISP's he
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/

Old November 30th 04, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Baldrick" wrote in message

Im looking for no frills Broadband. 512k-think thats right, and

unlimited. Pref with
an email account and fixed i.p

I'm with Demon and would highly recommend them

Old November 30th 04, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

"Gizmo" wrote in message

I'm with Demon and would highly recommend them

Likewise.

Carl

Old November 30th 04, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Alan LeHun" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I'm currently on 2mb with plusnet and can quite happily download at

12KB/s
all day :-)

Ha! I thought you said 12Kb/s which is quite a bit slower.

Shut it Mr NO 128k stream exist boy

Old November 30th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:11:25 -0000, "Carl"
wrote:

"Gizmo" wrote in message

I'm with Demon and would highly recommend them

Likewise.

Same here.
Old November 30th 04, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baldrick

"Herbie" wrote in message

wrote:

"Gizmo" wrote in message

I'm with Demon and would highly recommend them

Likewise.

Same here.

Agree fully

Thanks All,
Has anyone herd of a company called "Total Web Solutions"? not a bad price but no pop3
email accounts. Ill check demon out now ;-)

--
Baldrick