Force9 vs Plusnet

Old November 30th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

Default Force9 vs Plusnet

Hi Guys,

Quite possibly a stupid question, but are those who have accounts with Force
9 affected by announcements from PlusNet? We know they are the same company,
but would this user/pipe issue affect Force9 customers?

Have any Force9 customers had the e-mail about their usage?

Cheers

Gareth Edmondson

Old November 30th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:52:04 -0000, Gareth Edmondson
wrote:

Hi Guys,

Quite possibly a stupid question, but are those who have accounts with
Force
9 affected by announcements from PlusNet? We know they are the same
company,
but would this user/pipe issue affect Force9 customers?

Have any Force9 customers had the e-mail about their usage?

Cheers

Gareth Edmondson

Hi Gareth,

Both Force9 and PlusNet customers (and Free-Online too) share the same
network and all the services are provided on the same equipment. Therefore
in most cases anything that affects PlusNet will affect Force9 and
Free-Online as well.
If you look through the service status postings you'll notice most are the
same across the three, and the portal content is almost identical.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old November 30th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mason

Hi there Gareth!

I've just noticed this thread here but I have already replied to your
ticket.

Hope it helped.

Regards,
Mason.

+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet

Old November 30th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

"Mason" [email protected] wrote in message
Hi there Gareth!

I've just noticed this thread here but I have already replied to your
ticket.

Hope it helped.

Regards,
Mason.

| Richard Mason Broadband Solutions For
| Customer Support Home & Business @
| PlusNet Plc. www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet

hi Mason,

yes, tis true. Thanks.

gareth

Old November 30th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mason

"Gareth Edmondson" wrote in message

"Mason" [email protected] wrote in message
Hi there Gareth!

I've just noticed this thread here but I have already replied to your
ticket.

Hope it helped.

Regards,
Mason.

| Richard Mason Broadband Solutions For
| Customer Support Home & Business @
| PlusNet Plc. www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet

hi Mason,

yes, tis true. Thanks.

gareth

No problem.

Old November 30th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

news
wrote:

Hi Guys,

Quite possibly a stupid question, but are those who have accounts with
Force
9 affected by announcements from PlusNet? We know they are the same
company,
but would this user/pipe issue affect Force9 customers?

Have any Force9 customers had the e-mail about their usage?

Cheers

Gareth Edmondson

Hi Gareth,

Both Force9 and PlusNet customers (and Free-Online too) share the same
network and all the services are provided on the same equipment. Therefore
in most cases anything that affects PlusNet will affect Force9 and
Free-Online as well.
If you look through the service status postings you'll notice most are the
same across the three, and the portal content is almost identical.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net

Again a question which may sound stupid to some - but why? Why not just put
everyone under one brand name? You all use the same portal. WOuldn't it be
better to have a one stop shop? Or is it for business purposes.

Cheers

Gareth

Old December 5th 04, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

wrote:

Hi Guys,

Quite possibly a stupid question, but are those who have accounts with
Force
9 affected by announcements from PlusNet? We know they are the same
company,
but would this user/pipe issue affect Force9 customers?

Have any Force9 customers had the e-mail about their usage?

Cheers

Gareth Edmondson

Hi Gareth,

Both Force9 and PlusNet customers (and Free-Online too) share the same
network and all the services are provided on the same equipment.
Therefore
in most cases anything that affects PlusNet will affect Force9 and
Free-Online as well.
If you look through the service status postings you'll notice most are
the
same across the three, and the portal content is almost identical.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net

Again a question which may sound stupid to some - but why? Why not just
put
everyone under one brand name? You all use the same portal. WOuldn't it
be
better to have a one stop shop? Or is it for business purposes.

Cheers

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

There are a few reasons why the three brands exist seperately still.

The main one is that each vISP has its own namespace, so the same username
could exist across all three, for example I have the username dtomlinson
on each vISP. By merging into one portal we'd have to change the way
people logged in, by, for example adding a realm to the username like you
have with ADSL. So on F9 for example I'd log into the portal with

Also as you can probably imagine this would be a huge undertaking, not
only would we making major changes to the portal structure and content but
also informing our customers of the changes.

http://www.plus.net