Metronet Info Please

Old December 1st 04, 03:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Metronet Info Please

I have been looking at migrating to Metronet but have a few questions: is
telephone support premium rate, will I get free use of their smtp server, is
there news group access included, is the service reliable, fast, I'm
migrating from a 1Mbit service so would have to migrate to Metronet's 1Mbit
service but I would then like to upgrade to their 2Mbit service is there an
upgrade charge and finally could a Metronet user ping www.jolt.co.uk and
post the results for me
Thanks in advance.

Old December 1st 04, 04:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 03:24:23 +0000, Phil wrote:

I have been looking at migrating to Metronet but have a few questions: is
telephone support premium rate, will I get free use of their smtp server,
is there news group access included, is the service reliable, fast, I'm
migrating from a 1Mbit service so would have to migrate to Metronet's
1Mbit service but I would then like to upgrade to their 2Mbit service is
there an upgrade charge and finally could a Metronet user ping
www.jolt.co.uk and post the results for me
Thanks in advance.

Most of this is on their web site. As a user of over 12 months I am very
pleased with Metronet, but I don't do online gaming. Usual disclaimer.

Dave

Old December 2nd 04, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Thanks for the info
"ed" wrote in message
news:1101949562./[email protected]
Phil wrote:
I have been looking at migrating to Metronet but have a few
questions: is telephone support premium rate, will I get free use of
their smtp server, is there news group access included, is the
service reliable, fast, I'm migrating from a 1Mbit service so would
have to migrate to Metronet's 1Mbit service but I would then like to
upgrade to their 2Mbit service is there an upgrade charge and finally
could a Metronet user ping www.jolt.co.uk and post the results for me
Thanks in advance.

Tel: 087 0284 0284
Tel: 020 7043 8202

Yes to smtp

Service good and fast.

110,000 newsgroups. Good retention on binaries.

ping in 21ms