Anyone on Tiscali 150kbs in the UK?

Old December 1st 04, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

Default Anyone on Tiscali 150kbs in the UK?

And have you noticed your UL has been cut from 256kbs to 150kbs?

Bob

Old December 1st 04, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
And have you noticed your UL has been cut from 256kbs to 150kbs?

Bob

You mean you used to have more upload bandwidth than download bandwidth?
Old December 1st 04, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...
Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
And have you noticed your UL has been cut from 256kbs to 150kbs?

Bob

You mean you used to have more upload bandwidth than download bandwidth?

Yup, that's what puts the A in ADSL. Technically I am on DSL now since I am
now symetrical at 150/150... Used to be great for bittorrent sites, I would
get a 1.7:1 UL ratio without even trying.

I was just wondering if everyone has been cut to 150kbs, or if it is just
people who "utilised" the UL capability...

Bob

Old December 1st 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
*Paul*

"Bob Smith (UK)" [email protected] wrote in message

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...
Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
And have you noticed your UL has been cut from 256kbs to 150kbs?

Bob

You mean you used to have more upload bandwidth than download bandwidth?

Yup, that's what puts the A in ADSL. Technically I am on DSL now since I

am
now symetrical at 150/150... Used to be great for bittorrent sites, I

would
get a 1.7:1 UL ratio without even trying.

I was just wondering if everyone has been cut to 150kbs, or if it is just
people who "utilised" the UL capability...

Bob

Just done a test at ADSLguide and got:
Downstream 137 Kbps
Upstream 141Kbps
It looks like everybody has been cut to 150 Kbps upstream. BTW, I rarely
upload anything.

Old December 1st 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
And have you noticed your UL has been cut from 256kbs to 150kbs?

Bob

You mean you used to have more upload bandwidth than download

bandwidth?

Yup, that's what puts the A in ADSL. Technically I am on DSL now since

am
now symetrical at 150/150... Used to be great for bittorrent sites, I

would
get a 1.7:1 UL ratio without even trying.

I was just wondering if everyone has been cut to 150kbs, or if it is

just
people who "utilised" the UL capability...

Bob

Just done a test at ADSLguide and got:
Downstream 137 Kbps
Upstream 141Kbps
It looks like everybody has been cut to 150 Kbps upstream. BTW, I rarely
upload anything.

Bugger! Thanks for the info though.

Bob

Old December 1st 04, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...

You mean you used to have more upload bandwidth than download bandwidth?

Yup, that's what puts the A in ADSL. Technically I am on DSL now

Or SDSL, whatever way you wanna look at it.
Old December 8th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
And have you noticed your UL has been cut from 256kbs to 150kbs?

Bob

You mean you used to have more upload bandwidth than download

bandwidth?

Yup, that's what puts the A in ADSL. Technically I am on DSL now since

am
now symetrical at 150/150... Used to be great for bittorrent sites, I

would
get a 1.7:1 UL ratio without even trying.

I was just wondering if everyone has been cut to 150kbs, or if it is

just
people who "utilised" the UL capability...

Bob

Just done a test at ADSLguide and got:
Downstream 137 Kbps
Upstream 141Kbps
It looks like everybody has been cut to 150 Kbps upstream. BTW, I rarely
upload anything.

Thought it was going faster today, went to ADLSguide, got 151Kbs downstream
and 272Kbs upstream (the inc overheads figures), so it looks like they put
it back to 256kbs upstream.

BTW I had to reset my router this morning because the ADSL had gone offline.
Maybe they switched machines at the exchange end.

Bob

Old December 9th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
*Paul*

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
[...]

Yep, you're right Bob. Just got 147Kbs downstream and 258Kbs upstream using
the same test.