BTYahoo Accounts Dept.

Old December 1st 04, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Default BTYahoo Accounts Dept.

In October I migrated from BTYahoo to another supplier. I gave notice
to BTYahoo quite correctly and met all their minimum contract
requirements. All of this is written down in the form of emails from
BTYahoo to me at the time. This still does not stop them sending me
Direct Debit charges, at the end of October and again in November, for
a year's service, as though I had broken their contract conditions. I
have not done so.

In spite of phoning them at least three times, and speaking to three
different people, and in spite of being told it is indeed their
mistake and that my account has been closed, and that refunds have
been processed to my credit card, someone still insists on putting
through charges and I receive no refunds. They emanate from "BTYahoo
Gateshead." When I ask to speak to their Gateshead office they are
unable to put me through. Their accounts departement can also be
found in Bristol and Exeter, but once again they are unable to
transfer calls between these offices. They do not reply to faxes.

How do I stop BTYahoo charging me? Who can I write/fax to? Who runs
their accounts department and does anyone know his name and fax
number? I am fed up with their inefficiencies, and have no faith in
their bland assurances that all will be well this time around.

Any help would be most welcome.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old December 1st 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"John Edgar" wrote in message
[...]

Was is a DD that you set-up? If so, you can advise your bank that BTYahoo
have taken money out of your account and that you are requesting the bank to
reimburse you using the DD guarentee. Don't take any bull from the bank if
they make it awkard.

Old December 1st 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:43:48 -0000, "ABC" wrote:

"John Edgar" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was a DD but to a credit card. I have
put the amounts into dispute, and BTYahoo say that they are making
refunds - again. As this is the third time of asking, I am not
expecting much from BTYahoo.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old December 1st 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

John Edgar wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was a DD but to a credit card.

That isn't a direct debit in the original sense. It is a one-sided
continuous authority for them to charge you. Some credit card companies
will help once you raise a complaint by filtering them - this is
especially true if you offer to cancel the card. You still remain liable
after closing your account but at least said credit card company aren't
getting any further commission from you. Unlike the direct debit scheme
you can't directly claim back the money from the credit card company.

These continuous authorities are really something that this and previous
Governments should have regulated more tightly. But come next year it
will not be an issue we vote on.
Old December 1st 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

"John Edgar" wrote in message
In October I migrated from BTYahoo to another supplier. I gave

notice to BTYahoo quite correctly and met all their minimum
contract requirements. All of this is written down in the form of
emails from BTYahoo to me at the time. This still does not stop
them sending me Direct Debit charges, at the end of October and
again in November, for a year's service, as though I had broken
their contract conditions. I have not done so.

[snipped]

BT have an email address for billing - , it's
probably staffed by book keepers and they tend to be more switched on
than other CS departments.

As a general point DD's to credit cards (Continuous Authority
Transactions) can cause major problems since the credit card company
cannot / will not cancel them, you have to do that with the supplier.
If you can you are better off using a standing order/direct debit on
your normal account since you can cancel these payments without
argument.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Old December 1st 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Murray

John Edgar writes:

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was a DD but to a credit card. I have
put the amounts into dispute, and BTYahoo say that they are making
refunds - again. As this is the third time of asking, I am not
expecting much from BTYahoo.

Try complaining to your credit card company, tell them that charge was
not authorised and request a chargeback.

Old December 2nd 04, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

John Edgar wrote:
[...]

Have a look on https://account.btinternet.com/selfcare for any options
to change payment, or if that dosen't work lodge a complaint with CRS
(Tel: 020 7469 2130 or email: ).

[email protected] (or [email protected]) tends to go to the script reading centre
in Banglanore unfortunately .

Additionally, the address for the exeter office is:

BT Openworld
PO Box 163
EXETER
EX1 1BX

The address for complaints / letters to management is:

BTopenworld
Mondial House
90-94 Upper Thames Street
LONDON
EC4R 3UB

... and, the person to write to (if complaining to management) is Duncan
Ingram ), the MD of the Openworld unit.

hth.
Old December 3rd 04, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

snipped

Great and thanks a lot for all the replies. I have taken things in
hand with Barclaycard for starters, but I think I will still need to
tackle BTYahoo directly.