Virgin Net crap ?

Old December 1st 04, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Virgin Net crap ?

Ok I signed up for broadband with Virgin net on Sunday the 21st
November. Got an email on Wednesday 24th Saying a few more checks
needed to be done before they can give an activation date and nothing
since!

I have emailed with not so much as a reply
is this normal can I kiss goodbye to my 7-10 days to activation ?

Is Virgin Net support always this bad?

Old December 2nd 04, 03:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

Now me, I trying to
cancel the old NTL dialup account. Phone that number, try that, write

here.

So how did you manage to cancel with NTL at the end? I am thinking of
cancelling to go to BB as well.

Thanx

Old December 2nd 04, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Foul

"Gee" wrote

So how did you manage to cancel with NTL at the end? I am thinking of
cancelling to go to BB as well.

Still waiting a response to the letter (signed for). I emailed first, was
given a number to ring which turned out to be ManU "Do you want to be a
millionaire" HelpLine. They're 'avin' a larf. Then tried 0800 05202043. Got
send round all the extensions. Given 0800 0520511. Finally got through and
they said "can't do it at 4 o'clock Friday, ring Monday or write to etc".
At least I can surf whilst waiting for the phone to be answered.

--
John Foul
Old December 2nd 04, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

"John Foul" wrote in message
"Gee" wrote

So how did you manage to cancel with NTL at the end? I am thinking of
cancelling to go to BB as well.

Still waiting a response to the letter (signed for). I emailed first, was
given a number to ring which turned out to be ManU "Do you want to be a
millionaire" HelpLine. They're 'avin' a larf. Then tried 0800 05202043.

Got
send round all the extensions. Given 0800 0520511. Finally got through and
they said "can't do it at 4 o'clock Friday, ring Monday or write to etc".
At least I can surf whilst waiting for the phone to be answered.

--

Thankx and Good luck. Let me know how that progress

Old December 2nd 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

What you should be concerned about is have you paid them any money yet?

Old December 2nd 04, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
will kemp

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:33:13 +0000, jd.smithuk wrote:

Ok I signed up for broadband with Virgin net on Sunday the 21st
November. Got an email on Wednesday 24th Saying a few more checks
needed to be done before they can give an activation date and nothing
since!

I have emailed with not so much as a reply
is this normal can I kiss goodbye to my 7-10 days to activation ?

Is Virgin Net support always this bad?

i've had a fair bit of network administration experience and in general
i'm not exactly pro-virgin. however, i've had virgin adsl (the 24.99
non-capped account) for 5 months now and i have to admit i'm quite
impressed.

i had a few days delay in the initial connection - but that was because i
was groping around trying to use a speedtouch 330 usb modem with a linux
system and i'd never done it before. but the connection was ready before
they said it would be and i've never had any problems with it at all.

customer service seem to be reasonably efficient - although i've only ever
dealt with them by email. i certainly can't find anything to complain
about.

speed seems to be pretty good - most of the time it's fairly close to
optimum, and at peak sort of times it drops down to acceptable.

no 12-month contract.

i know i sound like an advert for them, but i can't say anything other
than i'm pleased with the service i've had. and i haven't been able to say
that about very many isps!

and, no, i'm not in any way connected with the company.

will

Old December 3rd 04, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Worsley

"will kemp" wrote in message
news
[...]

I've been with Virgin using broadband for about 16 months and have had very
few problems. Prior to that I used Virgin dial-up for about 3 years. Very
happy with the service so far.

I'd expect the connection to go down occasionally as all networks do. The
current connection has been up now for 48 hours. Switching the modem off and
on usually restarts it.

By the way I'm using a NETGEAR DG814 running firmware version 4.8.1 - just
haven't got round to updating it yet.

--
Regards

Jim Worsley

The corporation muck cart was filled up to the brim
The driver overbalanced and found he couldn't swim.
He sank right to the bottom just like a little stone.
That's when they heard him singing "there's no place like home"

(You never know what you will find on a web search)